- Excellent audio quality, USB Key means plug-and-go, Build Quality
- Can’t charge via USB, Battery compartment springs open
For anyone whose job involves interviews, presentations and conferences or who needs instant memos, this is a must-buy. Audio quality, storage capacity and price are all superb.
Price$ None (AUD)
Dictaphones have come on in leaps and bounds over the past few years. The extra bang you get for your buck - thanks to higher-quality audio recording technology and cheaper flash memory - really makes a difference. The WS-200S from Olympus makes good use of today's technology, providing a lot of storage space at a reasonable price.
The WS-200S comes with 128MB of storage, providing up to 54 hours of recording in long-play mode, and the audio files are stored as WMA files. You can put the audio setting all the way up to Stereo High Quality, and while this only offers some four hours of recording, the audio quality is excellent. One rather nifty addition is that it snaps in half to reveal a USB key. This means the WS-200S is plug-and-go. You don't need any extra hardware or software to operate this Dictaphone and it can be used as a normal USB storage key so you can store data such as spreadsheets and presentations.
The bundle includes stereo headphones, a USB extension, a strap and one AAA alkaline battery. While it doesn't use much power, it would be better if you didn't need to buy replacement consumables. It would also be nice to be able to recharge from a PC or notebook when it's plugged in. Build quality is pretty good. Although the WS-200S is all plastic, it feels tough enough to cope with the rigours of travel. The buttons depress nicely, making it comfortable to use.
The only problem we found with the WS-200S was that it was easy to hit the spring-loaded battery flap when you're opening the hardware, making the battery pop out like a (not very) speeding bullet. However, if you're being driven mad by PowerPoint, a quick game of Russian Roulette might at least make the time pass more quickly.
Join the newsletter!
We have 4 to give away so jump in!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSCCM Application PackagerQLD
- FTCommunications ManagerOther
- TPIT Project Delivery CoordinatorQLD
- CCDigital ArchitectQLD
- FTFrontend Developer - Angular4/FirebaseNSW
- TPEL1 OBIEE/Java DeveloperACT
- FTField EngineerOther
- FTSecurity AdvisorOther
- FTSCRUM MasterOther
- FTNetwork Architect - Brisbane/PerthOther
- FTSenior Android DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Project Manager - Financial MarketsVIC
- FTSenior Infrastructure EngineerOther
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- CCJava Full stack developer - Telco domainVIC
- CCData EngineerNSW
- FTSupport Consultant (Chris 21)Other
- FTTechnical LeadOther
- TPProject ManagerACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Wealth & AgileOther
- FTMarketing ExecutiveOther
- FTBroker Support/ Applications SupportOther
- CCSenior Solution Architect - Brisbane locationNSW
- FTLead Project/Program Manager -Office Fit out & AccommodationOther
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC