Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom
- Wide zoom, solid as a rock, xD and CF support, great features (including predictive focus, panorama, underwater support).
- Bulky and heavy feel, no printed manual.
A very sturdy camera with some appealing features that make it particularly suitable for outdoors photography.
Price$ 799.00 (AUD)
The obvious selling point of the C-7070 is the wide-angle lens, which shoots the equivalent of 27 to 110mm in 35mm format. Look beyond that, however, and you'll find a solid camera with just a few niggling problems that hold it back from being great.
Built from magnesium alloy and with a minimum of plastic, the Olympus is large, heavy and feels completely sturdy. It is good to hold, with a comfortable grip that sits well in the hand. Just don't try to put it in your pocket.
Rather than a standard mounted or rotating LCD, the C-7070 has a flippable, reversed screen that can be turned to face the direction of the photographer. It is mounted in the body of the camera, and flips upwards to line up with the hot shoe (which is for a separate flash). The screen is beautiful: despite being a standard 1.8", it has approximately 130,000 pixels and shows images crisply, clearly and without much ghosting.
The inclusions in the box with the C-7070 are basic: the standard PC and printer connections, along with a 32MB xD picture card. The camera supports both xD and CompactFlash cards.
The camera offers a full range of customisable features, including a special focus option that follows a moving target. It has 12 preset shooting modes, the most notable being two underwater modes to accommodate the optional PT-O27 waterproof case.
Images came out well on the fine setting at 3072 x 2048. They did tend to look a little washed out, but fine-tuning of the exposure and saturation levels would easily fix that. Sharpness, on the other hand, was great, and we loved the wide-angled shots.
Although the lack of a printed manual was irritating, the rest of the software bundled with the camera is quite good. We particularly liked the panorama function, which allows you to stitch together up to 10 photos into a single shot.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sony’s New RX10 IV combines Fast AF and 24 FPS continuous shooting with 24-600mm F2.4-F4 Zoom Lens
- Sony announces Australian availability for new waterproof RX0 action-camera
- Panasonic Announces LUMIX DC-GH5 Firmware Update Service
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- Camera app makers tap into RAW power with iOS, and look forward to dual lenses
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- FTSolutions ArchitectsOther
- FTDesign Delivery Manager - Civil Engineering Background X2Other
- CCFeature Team Lead/Technology SpecialistVIC
- FT.Net Developer - Multiple positions availableSA
- FTSplunk DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst & Project ManagerOther
- FTDigital Business AnalystACT
- FTBig Data DeveloperOther
- CCTeam Assistant/Executive Assistant - TelcoVIC
- FTSolutions ArchitectsOther
- CCUX DesignerVIC
- FTSOE Architect - Gold CoastQLD
- CCSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTBusiness Transformation LeadOther
- FTScrum Master / Senior Business AnalystOther
- TPProject CoordinatorACT
- FTFinancial AnalystOther
- FTSAP FICO ConsultantOther
- CCFilenet Developer - BrisbaneQLD
- CCData & Reporting AnalystVIC
- FTPerformance TesterOther
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorSA
- FTMid Level Business Intelligence Analyst - Power BIOther