Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom
- Wide zoom, solid as a rock, xD and CF support, great features (including predictive focus, panorama, underwater support).
- Bulky and heavy feel, no printed manual.
A very sturdy camera with some appealing features that make it particularly suitable for outdoors photography.
Price$ 799.00 (AUD)
The obvious selling point of the C-7070 is the wide-angle lens, which shoots the equivalent of 27 to 110mm in 35mm format. Look beyond that, however, and you'll find a solid camera with just a few niggling problems that hold it back from being great.
Built from magnesium alloy and with a minimum of plastic, the Olympus is large, heavy and feels completely sturdy. It is good to hold, with a comfortable grip that sits well in the hand. Just don't try to put it in your pocket.
Rather than a standard mounted or rotating LCD, the C-7070 has a flippable, reversed screen that can be turned to face the direction of the photographer. It is mounted in the body of the camera, and flips upwards to line up with the hot shoe (which is for a separate flash). The screen is beautiful: despite being a standard 1.8", it has approximately 130,000 pixels and shows images crisply, clearly and without much ghosting.
The inclusions in the box with the C-7070 are basic: the standard PC and printer connections, along with a 32MB xD picture card. The camera supports both xD and CompactFlash cards.
The camera offers a full range of customisable features, including a special focus option that follows a moving target. It has 12 preset shooting modes, the most notable being two underwater modes to accommodate the optional PT-O27 waterproof case.
Images came out well on the fine setting at 3072 x 2048. They did tend to look a little washed out, but fine-tuning of the exposure and saturation levels would easily fix that. Sharpness, on the other hand, was great, and we loved the wide-angled shots.
Although the lack of a printed manual was irritating, the rest of the software bundled with the camera is quite good. We particularly liked the panorama function, which allows you to stitch together up to 10 photos into a single shot.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
cloudandco Smart Cane
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Toys for Boys
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Xbox One X
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic Announces Compact, Lightweight ultra-telephoto LEICA Lens
- Panasonic announce still-shooter flagship G9
- Sony Announces Development of New G Master Super-Telephoto Full-Frame E-Mount Lens
- Sony Expands Full-frame E-mount lens lineup
- Sony’s New Full-Frame α7R III Interchangeable Lens Camera promises to delivers both resolution and speed
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPProject Services - Support RolesACT
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSolution Architect - Security/DigitalVIC
- CCSenior Analyst ProgrammerVIC
- CCJava LeadNSW
- FTFunctional AnalystVIC
- FTKnowledge AnalystOther
- CCExstream DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer -VoiceWA
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- CCRPG Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTTransition ManagerOther
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCExstream DeveloperNSW
- FTPrinciple Security Consultant / Practice Partner - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- CCAngular DeveloperNSW
- FTSales ManagerVIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCChange specialist OR Junior Change managerNSW
- CCSenior MySQL Database Administrator - SydneySA
- FTETL/Data EngineerOther