- Poor bass levels, Inaccurate mid tones, No seal achieved
While they do have an attractively low price tag, you'd be better off spending a little more and getting a pair of headphones that offer better sound quality.
Price$ 14.90 (AUD)
Olin has recently released a slew of products into the already saturated portable audio space. Resembling the Cygnett Groove Bassbudz headphones we looked at before, the OE102 headphones are a hybrid, falling somewhere between earbuds and canalphones. While their design is reasonably comfortable, it fails to achieve a proper seal, and the sound quality is somewhat of a let down.
Sporting a cone shaped design, with a small plastic tip that rests close to the ear canal, the OE102s can't quite make up their mind exactly what sort of headphone they want to be. While they do sit in the ear canal, close to the ear drum, they don't go as deep as some In Ear Monitors (IEMs), and don't achieve a proper seal, which has an adverse impact on the sound quality. They are reasonably comfortable however, and look quite good in with their blue silver colour scheme and slightly off kilter shape.
We found the sound lacking in several areas. The lower registers were the worst, with the OE102s exhibiting almost no bass impact at all. Furthermore, the lower mid range was quite poorly rendered, sounding highly inaccurate at times. This was exacerbated by the rather dark sounding treble notes, which didn't sparkle nearly as much as we've heard on other units.
That said, the OE102s did exhibit some impressive detail and had quite a reasonable sound stage for a budget product. Instruments were well placed and all the little elements of our music that are obscured on many other headphones were evident on these.
Overall the sound quality is a little lacking, and won't impress most people, but the price tag is extremely low, making these a decent but not outstanding unit for those looking to replace their default iPod or other earbuds.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Bose Upgrade Q35 for Google Assistant
- Jabra Evolve 75e brings earbud design, Active NC and ‘busylight’ to the workplace
- Jaybird go true wireless with new RUN earbuds
- HyperX Reveals Next Generation Cloud Alpha Gaming Headset
- Jabra upgrade their Elite Sport wireless earbuds
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- CCUX Developer / DesignerQLD
- FTSolutions ArchitectsOther
- FTBusiness Analyst (SAP Security)Other
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther
- FTSolution Architect - Enterprise VoiceSA
- TPSenior Desktop AdministratorNSW
- CCData Scientist - Telecom IndustryVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Financial and Billing systemsVIC
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- FTBusiness Transformation LeadOther
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW
- FTSystem EngineerOther
- FTJava Developer & DevOpsVIC
- TPPHP DeveloperWA
- FTMid - Senior Web DeveloperWA
- FTWebMethods DeveloperOther
- CCNetwork Engineer - Cleveland BasedQLD
- FTJunior .NET DeveloperOther
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTJava Full stack developer - Telco domainVIC
- FTClient Delivery DirectorACT
- TPProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT