OKI Printing Solutions B4350
- Fast, good text printing, LCD menu
- Nothing in particular
For the money, the Oki B4350 provides fast printing and excellent text, with an LCD navigation display that makes it particularly easy to use.
Price$ 768.00 (AUD)
Similar in size to most other small-office lasers we've seen lately, the Oki B4350 is a bit pricier than most. But the extra dollars fetch top-rated print speeds and good-looking prints. This model also has more top-mounted controls than you'll find on a typical personal printer: a well-designed eight-button control panel with a two-line LCD puts all settings at your fingertips.
The B4350 prints text well. Small text looked crisp, and large characters solid. Even at tiny font sizes, characters remained whole. Though line art showed slight banding in areas of fine parallel lines, it looked clean elsewhere. Our photo sample had some banding and was too light, but that shortcoming permitted it to show plenty of detail, even in darker areas. All in all, the B4350 produced very clean-looking output.
This model's outstanding speed--20.1 pages per minute on text during our tests, and 13.2 pages per minute on graphics--is another remarkable attribute. It also kicked out the first text page in a little less than 8 seconds.
The B4350's main paper tray holds 250 sheets of paper. A 500-sheet drawer is optional. You can feed special paper or thicker media such as envelopes via the fold-down auxiliary paper tray, one sheet at a time. For envelopes you must also open the rear paper exit to create a flat path through the printer.
A printed Setup Guide walks you through the process of unpacking the printer, installing the drum unit and toner cartridge, and loading the machine with paper. The guide doesn't discuss installing the print driver, but we found that process quite intuitive. The User's Guide, which comes as a PDF file on the software CD-ROM, is more complete.
An expensive internal Ethernet adapter enables you to share the B4350 with colleagues--and given these print speeds, that's a reasonable proposition.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
- 3D printer owners rate the best 14 machines
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Enterprise VoiceQLD
- CCLinux AdministratorNSW
- TPProject Manager & Business Analyst - eDRMS - 18+ month ContractQLD
- FTBusiness Transformation ConsultantOther
- CCDataStage DeveloperNSW
- FTReporting Consultant with AlteryxOther
- FTSystems and Database AdministratorACT
- FTJunior Business Intelligence Analyst - Power BIOther
- FTBusiness Process AnalystOther
- CCTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTMid Level .NET Developer (Full Stack, Back End focus) - C#Other
- CCData & Reporting AnalystVIC
- FTJAVA DeveloperOther
- FTApplication Support Maintenance & Patching AnalystOther
- FTFTTx Network Area PlannerOther
- FTLead Business Analyst - Logistics and Supply ChainOther
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- CCNon-Functional Test ConsultantNSW
- TPDatabase & GIS ManagerVIC
- FTUI Developer / Front-End DevloperQLD
- CCMainframe DeveloperWA
- FTSolutions Architect - Metering Systems / AMIOther
- CCCerner Senior Applications SpecialistQLD