Nuance PDF Converter Professional 5.0
- Excellent accuracy, supports a wide array of file formats
- Starts a little slower than other similar apps
If PDF usage is prevalent in your office, Nuance PDF Converter Pro 5.0 should find a place in your toolbox.
Price$ 195.00 (AUD)
Do you work in an environment that relies on PDF documents as much as it does on Microsoft Office? If so, you may find it becoming difficult to manage all those file formats. That's when you need to invest in a PDF conversion tool. We tried out Nuance's $195 PDF Converter Pro 5.0, and were very impressed with its ease of use and outstanding accuracy.
Of course, you don't have to spend $195 on a PDF conversion tool – you can find free downloads and free Web services that convert documents into PDFs. For a quick conversion, such tools are fine in a pinch. You also can opt for one of the two $69 products that Nuance offers – PDF Converter 5 or PDF Create that do one-way conversions to PDF. But Nuance PDF Converter Pro 5.0 is a veritable Swiss-army-knife solution, offering advanced features such as digital signature support, side-by-side PDF-file comparisons, form creation, and PDF archiving of Microsoft Outlook mail.
This Pro version is not only less expensive than two major competitors (the $US130 Able2Extract and the $US399 Document Converter Pro from Neevia ), but it offers more features, converts documents more quickly, and improves on its competitors' conversion accuracy. It's also easier to use, thanks to a friendly interface and an optional assistant, and it handles images, links, and tables impressively.
PDF Converter Pro's most attractive features are its two-way conversion capabilities and its expansive file format support. It will generate PDF files from Word, Excel, PowerPoint, WordPerfect, MRC PDF (a compressed, three-layer format used by Nuance Omnipage and Paperport products), and searchable PDF files. It also converts PDF documents to any of these formats for editing with amazing accuracy.
We converted a 154-page PDF file (containing text, images, links, and tables) to a Word document. PDF Converter Pro 5.0 completed the task in 4 minutes, 1 second, with an accuracy level near 99 per cent. Only a few images were converted incorrectly; they came out as groups of images and not single objects. Able2Extract took 4min 45sec to complete the same task – that's 18 per cent slower – and the accuracy level wasn't quite as high. Like PDF Converter Pro, Able2Extract does offer two-way conversion, but it supports fewer file formats. Neevia's Document Converter Pro, meanwhile, uses a clunky interface that's better suited to batch conversion, not one-off use. And, despite being four times the price of Converter Pro 5.0, it offers only a one-way conversion to PDF.
Nuance PDF Converter Pro 5 also provides seamless content editing, regardless of the file type. You can edit PDFs directly within the app: objects can be resized or rotated, notes can be added, and changes can be tracked for review and approval. One of the nicest features: similar to creating a compressed ZIP file with multiple objects, PDF Converter Pro 5.0 can create a single PDF package made from any or all of the supported file types. Nuance also includes a PDF comparison tool that provides a side-by-side look at two PDF documents and points out all the changes.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
cloudandco Smart Cane
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Toys for Boys
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Xbox One X
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 2 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 3 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 4 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories and wireless charging
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- CES 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- CCSenior System Engineer l Office 365,Windows 10, VMWare WorkspaceNSW
- FTSenior Rail Project Manager, Fleet TransformationOther
- FTNetwork Engineering Team Lead/Network ManagerACT
- CCUX Designer - Full StackNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - MortgagesOther
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTChange Lead - 12 Month Contract!Other
- CCNetwork Surveyor - TelcoVIC
- FTLead PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTVarious DevelopersACT
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- TPDigital Services Project ManagerACT
- CCChange Analyst-TransformationNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- CCSolution Architect ? Office 365 MigrationQLD
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTDigital BAOther
- CCTechnical ArchitectVIC
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperQLD
- FTProgram Manager - Digital AND Agile essentialOther
- CCUser Experience DesignerQLD
- CCSenior Change ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer - April startACT
- CCTechnical ArchitectQLD