Nuance OmniPage Professional 16
- Supports many file formats, works quickly and accurately
- Premium price
Accuracy and speed are most important, and in these areas OmniPage Professional 16.0 performs very well. However, it is the inclusion of so many features - covering every aspect that advanced users may wish to consider - that makes OmniPage Professional 16.0 so appealing.
Price$ 999.00 (AUD)
For the average user, the OCR (optical character recognition software) that comes bundled with their scanner is more than enough for most of their needs. In fact, chances are they've already been given a version of OmniPage, so there'd need to be a very strong reason for paying full whack for a package such as OmniPage Professional 16.0.
OmniPage Professional 16.0 is aimed at people working in professions where a huge amount of documentation has to be converted into an electronic, editable format - taking text from scanners, PDF files and camera images that are then output to text documents and the like. OmniPage Professional 16.0 is multilingual as well, and can recognise and work with over 100 languages.
Nuance claims to have improved OmniPage Professional 16.0's accuracy by 27 and speed by up to 46 percent. Although unable to verify precisely these claims, on the right computer OmniPage Professional 16.0 is both fast and accurate, and does an excellent job of retaining the original formatting. While this is the core feature, probably the most remarkable improvement is the addition of what Nuance calls 3DC scanning, whereby images taken with a digital camera can be automatically skewed for improved results. As taking images from a camera speeds up the whole process of converting documents, this alone is one reason to upgrade to OmniPage Professional 16.0.
OmniPage Professional 16.0's third method of input, from PDF, works well - despite the occasional error message (which appeared to have no effect on final character recognition and output). And OmniPage Professional 16.0 not only converts files into editable text but, with the inclusion of PDF Create! 4.0, can also take your own documents and turn them into PDF files for distribution. It's certainly not as sophisticated as Acrobat - but OmniPage Professional 16.0 is extremely easy to use and handy for processing batch jobs.
The addition of PaperPort 11.0 means that you have greater control over managing documents: it organises files from within OmniPage Professional 16.0 and also allows you to annotate documents and PDFs for indexing. For the average user, PaperPort is overkill, but for professionals handling huge quantities of documents it's a useful tool.
When using OmniPage Professional 16.0, you can choose from several views depending on your familiarity with the program, and the improved Workflow Assistant means that plenty of complex (and tedious) tasks are now performed with a single button press from within OmniPage Professional 16.0 or on your scanner. Add support for Office 2007 and this is the best OCR software around.
Join the newsletter!
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Toys for Boys
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Bose SoundLink Micro
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Xbox One X
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 2 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 3 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 4 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- JBL Link 10 review: Full, in-depth review
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- CES 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCJunior Cyber Security AnalystACT
- FTSales Manager - Global ISP Cloud Solutions ProviderVIC
- FTSenior Penetration TesterACT
- FTNetwork Technical Specialist L3 x 2 ? Large Telco ? 6 month contract initiallyNSW
- FTNetwork Engineering Team Lead/Network ManagerNSW
- FTDNS Network SpecialistOther
- FTProject Manager (Rail/ Signalling/Electrical / Construction)Other
- FTIT Systems AnalystOther
- FTSitecore Developer/ArchitectOther
- FTOpenText ConsultantQLD
- FTJava DevelopersVIC
- CCCisco Communication Engineer / Technician - FIFOWA
- FTApplication Support AnalystOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTSenior Change Analyst - ERP implementationOther
- CCDatapower DeveloperACT
- TPDevOps Practice OfficerQLD
- CCVisualisation DeveloperNSW
- TPPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Development DBA - OracleNSW
- CCFront-End DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW