Nokia MD-6 Mini Speakers
- Decent sound quality, compact size, cord winder
The asking price is a little steep, but if you can't travel without your music then the MD-6 is definitely recommended.
Price$ 94.99 (AUD)
Designed for mobile phones as well as any device supporting a 3.5mm or 2.5mm headphone jack, Nokia's MD-6 is certainly a strange looking device. Almost compact enough to slip into a pocket, the cylindrical unit produces surprisingly decent sound quality for such a tiny unit.
Ideal for travel, the MD-6 is a simple unit. A small hinge flips open to reveal two 1.5W speakers. At the rear, a convenient red slide button opens the plastic cord winder, allowing you unwind the 700mm cord to the appropriate length and simply close it again. On the bottom, a small plastic cover conceals the battery compartment. The MD-6 runs on four AAA batteries and these are included in the sales package. Nokia quotes a 27 hour operation time.
We weren't expecting much in the way of sound quality considering the minuscule size, but the MD-6 does a surprisingly good job in this regard. Sound is punchy, quite loud at high volumes without noticeable distortion and for the most part, crisp and clear. Obviously the bass is average and there is no way to adjust any sound settings on the unit itself – this can only be altered using the mobile phone or other device you are connecting the MD-6 to.
We tested the MD-6 with an iPod nano and found that experimenting with different equaliser settings is definitely worth a try in order to achieve the best sound. We do have one small complaint with the unit though – at higher volume levels the MD-6 vibrates when placed on a flat desk or table, causing it to move in a circular motion. This can become an annoyance, especially as you have to ensure the speakers are facing you for the best possible sound.
Nokia includes a drawstring case in the sales package, as well 3.5mm and 2.5mm adapters. All in all, the MD-6 is an ideal speaker unit for travelling, though the asking price is a little steep.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Huawei go big on AI, announce Mate 10 + Mate 10 Pro
- Huawei's flagship tech trickles down to mid-tier with new Nova 2i smartphone
- Sony Bring Xperia XZ1 to NZ
- Incipio Adds Pixel 2 Cases To Roster
- Survey: 20% of Aussie Apple users wouldn't switch to Android for a million dollars
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCWindows / Unix / Linux Systems Administration / Support SpecialistNSW
- FTBig Data EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Project Controls Officer / CoordinatorOther
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - IntegrationNSW
- CCLead Pega Systems ArchitectACT
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- TPDeployment Analyst - Office 2016 rolloutVIC
- CCMulesoft DeveloperVIC
- FTTransport EngineerOther
- FTProgram ManagerOther
- FTDigital Marketing AnalystNSW
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- CCMid-Level Oracle SQL DeveloperACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneVIC
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- FTData EngineerOther
- CCTech PM - SecurityNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork Administrator / Junior Network OperatorOther
- FTSenior Strategy Consultant - Large CorporateOther
- FTProject Director- CloudOther
- FTProfessional Services Consultant - UCMOther