Nokia C6-01 smartphone (preview)
The Nokia C6-01 features an 8-megapixel camera with dual LED flash, 720p HD video recording and a 3.2in AMOLED touchscreen.
- AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, ClearBlack Display (CBD), 8-megapixel camera, HD video recording
- No solid verdict on Symbian^3
The Nokia C6-01 is a new "compact" full touchscreen smartphone that runs the latest version of Nokia's Symbian operating system -- Symbian^3. The C6-01 boasts a 3.2in AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, and also utilises a ClearBlack Display (CBD).
The Nokia C6-01 — not to be confused with the older, QWERTY-keyboard-equipped C6 — is a new "compact" full touchscreen smartphone that runs the latest version of Nokia's Symbian operating system, Symbian^3.
The Nokia C6-01 boasts a 3.2in AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, and also utilises a ClearBlack Display (CBD). Nokia claims the CBD offers a higher-than-standard contrast and has a polarising filter that cuts out the reflections that interfere with legibility. The company also states that the CBD will offer much better performance for use in direct sunlight, and that it is also more power efficient.
The CBD will compete directly with the "Super AMOLED" display used on the Samsung Galaxy S and the IPS "retina" display seen on the Apple iPhone 4, but its 640x360 resolution is lower than both of these competitors.
The Nokia C6-01's features include an 8-megapixel camera with dual LED flash, 720p HD video recording, a microSD card slot that will accept cards up to 32GB in size along with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS. The Nokia C6-01 will also ship with Nokia's Ovi Maps application which provides free full turn-by-turn navigation for the lifetime of the device.
The Nokia C6-01 is not expected to launch in Australia until early 2011. Pricing is yet to be announced.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Huawei go big on AI, announce Mate 10 + Mate 10 Pro
- Huawei's flagship tech trickles down to mid-tier with new Nova 2i smartphone
- Sony Bring Xperia XZ1 to NZ
- Incipio Adds Pixel 2 Cases To Roster
- Survey: 20% of Aussie Apple users wouldn't switch to Android for a million dollars
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- FTData Migration LeadOther
- TPProject Manager - Data Feed ReplacementVIC
- FTBusiness Project ManagerOther
- FTScrum MasterOther
- CCIdentity & Access Management AnalystVIC
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorACT
- FTLead Strategy Manager - ConsultancyOther
- FTSenior Software Engineer - DigitalVIC
- TPProject OfficerQLD
- FTFront End Developer - Ractive.JS (Urgent)Other
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- CCDesktop Support EngineerQLD
- CCWorkforce Analyst Contract opportunity in MelbourneVIC
- CCIdentity & Access Management ArchitectVIC
- FTInfrastructure Architect (EUC)Other
- CCXamarin Mobile Developer - East MelbourneNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerOther
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork Services ManagerOther
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Metering Systems / AMIOther
- FTSOE Systems EngineerOther
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTDeveloper- Xamarin, ASP.Net, Ajax, Java Script, MVC , AndroidOther