Nokia C6-01 smartphone (preview)
The Nokia C6-01 features an 8-megapixel camera with dual LED flash, 720p HD video recording and a 3.2in AMOLED touchscreen.
- AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, ClearBlack Display (CBD), 8-megapixel camera, HD video recording
- No solid verdict on Symbian^3
The Nokia C6-01 is a new "compact" full touchscreen smartphone that runs the latest version of Nokia's Symbian operating system -- Symbian^3. The C6-01 boasts a 3.2in AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, and also utilises a ClearBlack Display (CBD).
The Nokia C6-01 — not to be confused with the older, QWERTY-keyboard-equipped C6 — is a new "compact" full touchscreen smartphone that runs the latest version of Nokia's Symbian operating system, Symbian^3.
The Nokia C6-01 boasts a 3.2in AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, and also utilises a ClearBlack Display (CBD). Nokia claims the CBD offers a higher-than-standard contrast and has a polarising filter that cuts out the reflections that interfere with legibility. The company also states that the CBD will offer much better performance for use in direct sunlight, and that it is also more power efficient.
The CBD will compete directly with the "Super AMOLED" display used on the Samsung Galaxy S and the IPS "retina" display seen on the Apple iPhone 4, but its 640x360 resolution is lower than both of these competitors.
The Nokia C6-01's features include an 8-megapixel camera with dual LED flash, 720p HD video recording, a microSD card slot that will accept cards up to 32GB in size along with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS. The Nokia C6-01 will also ship with Nokia's Ovi Maps application which provides free full turn-by-turn navigation for the lifetime of the device.
The Nokia C6-01 is not expected to launch in Australia until early 2011. Pricing is yet to be announced.
Join the newsletter!
Apple iMac Pro
Bang and Olufsen Beoplay A9 Speaker
Cartier Calibre de Cartier Diver Watch
Ballistix Sport AT
Samsung QLED 8K TV
Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 3000
Toys for Boys
Oregon Pro WMR500 Weather Station
ESET Internet Security
ESET Cyber Security Pro for Mac
Nix Pro Colour Sensor
Tivoli PAL BT
Little Bits DROID Inventor Kit
ESET Smart Security Premium
Osmo Coding Awbie Game
TimeFlip Magnet Simple Time Tracking Device
Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Bluetooth Speaker
SmartLens - Clip on Phone Camera Lens Set of 3
Naztech Xtra Drive Mini + 256GB microSD Card
Ikea RIGGAD work lamp with wireless charging
So, what do I want out of my next laptop and what must it include?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Watch review: Brilliant but not quite a breakthrough
- 2 HP Omen 15 (2018): Full, in-depth review
- 3 HP Envy x360 13 (Ryzen): Full, in-depth review
- 4 Moto G6 review: A solid mid-tier effort with few compromises
- 5 Dell G5 review: Easy to live with
Latest News Articles
- Vivo Nex Dual Display Release Date, Price, Specs and More
- Samsung Galaxy A8s Release Date, Price, Specs and More
- Wizards of the Coast invest $10 million into MTG: Arena esports
- Sony Xperia XZ4 Release Date, Price, Specs and More
- Boost Mobile boosts data inclusions
PCW Evaluation Team
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
I’d recommend a Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 and the new Windows 10 to anyone who needs to get serious work done (before you kick back on your couch with your favourite Netflix show.)
It’s useful for office tasks as well as pragmatic labelling of equipment and storage – just don’t get too excited and label everything in sight!
The Brother MFC-L8900CDW is an absolute stand out. I struggle to fault it.
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
- Razer Phone 2 review: One for the fans
- Oppo R17 Pro review: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Google Pixel 3 XL review: Ghost in the machine
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies