Nokia C3 Touch and Type smartphone (preview)
The C3 Touch and Type is reminiscent of older Nokia phones, but adds the ability to operate the device through a touchscreen.
- Stainless steel design, 5-megapixel camera
- Remains to be seen whether hybrid design is appealing, no GPS
The Nokia C3 Touch and Type smartphone has a design that is intended to appeal to people familiar with non-touchscreen phones but it also offers a touch interface.
The Nokia C3 Touch and Type smartphone has a hybrid design that combines a touchscreen and a traditional 12-button phone keypad.
Like the Nokia X3 Touch and Type, the C3 Touch and Type is reminiscent of older Nokia phones such as the 6700 classic. According to Nokia, the combination of a resistive touchscreen and a traditional keypad gives users "both the familiarity of their trusty older devices and single-handed operation, plus a taste of the modern through the ability to operate the device through a touch interface".
The Nokia C3 Touch and Type will run the Symbian Series 40 operating system and includes 3G and Wi-Fi connectivity along with Bluetooth, but it doesn't have GPS. The handset includes Nokia Messaging 3.0, Nokia's e-mail and instant messaging software that also provides Facebook and Twitter access. The phone will also be able to access Nokia's Ovi Store for third-party applications.
The Nokia C3 Touch and Type has a stainless steel case and will come in silver, warm grey and khaki gold colour variants. It has a 5-megapixel camera with LED flash, and a microSD memory card slot that supports cards of up to 32GB in size.
The Nokia C3 Touch and Type is expected to launch in Australia before the end of the year, but no pricing or carrier details have been announced.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Huawei go big on AI, announce Mate 10 + Mate 10 Pro
- Huawei's flagship tech trickles down to mid-tier with new Nova 2i smartphone
- Sony Bring Xperia XZ1 to NZ
- Incipio Adds Pixel 2 Cases To Roster
- Survey: 20% of Aussie Apple users wouldn't switch to Android for a million dollars
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - IntegrationNSW
- TPKnowledge AnalystVIC
- FTDigital Transformation Architect - TelcoVIC
- TPIT Change Manager Windows UpgradeVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Infra Project ManagerOther
- TPDeployment Analyst - Office 2016 rolloutVIC
- FTLean Six Sigma Process AnalystOther
- FTDevOps Support EngineerOther
- FTLean Agile CoachOther
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- FTLead Solution ArchitectSA
- CCMessageQueue/DataPower AdministratorACT
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- FTService Desk Technical LeadOther
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystSA
- FTProject Coordinator - SAED/TelcoNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerOther
- CCBlue Prism DevelopersNSW
- FT3rd Line IT EngineerOther
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneQLD
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- TPSenior DBAVIC
- FTPermanent Project ManagersACT
- FTDigital Producer | High Profile Website | 6 Month ContractOther