Nokia C3 Touch and Type smartphone (preview)
The C3 Touch and Type is reminiscent of older Nokia phones, but adds the ability to operate the device through a touchscreen.
- Stainless steel design, 5-megapixel camera
- Remains to be seen whether hybrid design is appealing, no GPS
The Nokia C3 Touch and Type smartphone has a design that is intended to appeal to people familiar with non-touchscreen phones but it also offers a touch interface.
The Nokia C3 Touch and Type smartphone has a hybrid design that combines a touchscreen and a traditional 12-button phone keypad.
Like the Nokia X3 Touch and Type, the C3 Touch and Type is reminiscent of older Nokia phones such as the 6700 classic. According to Nokia, the combination of a resistive touchscreen and a traditional keypad gives users "both the familiarity of their trusty older devices and single-handed operation, plus a taste of the modern through the ability to operate the device through a touch interface".
The Nokia C3 Touch and Type will run the Symbian Series 40 operating system and includes 3G and Wi-Fi connectivity along with Bluetooth, but it doesn't have GPS. The handset includes Nokia Messaging 3.0, Nokia's e-mail and instant messaging software that also provides Facebook and Twitter access. The phone will also be able to access Nokia's Ovi Store for third-party applications.
The Nokia C3 Touch and Type has a stainless steel case and will come in silver, warm grey and khaki gold colour variants. It has a 5-megapixel camera with LED flash, and a microSD memory card slot that supports cards of up to 32GB in size.
The Nokia C3 Touch and Type is expected to launch in Australia before the end of the year, but no pricing or carrier details have been announced.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Join the newsletter!
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Toys for Boys
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sony Commences Android 8.0 Oreo Rollout in New Zealand Starting With Flagship Xperia XZ Premium Smartphone Device
- Qualcomm adds security, battery life features to phone chips
- Cygnett’s new wireless charging range has arrived
- Belkin Introduces USB-C 3.1 Express Dock HD
- Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 Will Come To Australia
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPWeb Communications OfficerACT
- TPProject CoordinatorACT
- FTApplication Support AnalystOther
- FTInfrastructure Solutions Architect - Converged InfrastructureOther
- CCReact.js DeveloperQLD
- FTOperational Systems Specialist - DevOpsOther
- CCBusiness Intelligence Analysts (SAS, SAP UI5, or SQL) - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTLevel 2 Support Engineer | 12mth FTCOther
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- CCAutomation Anywhere developerQLD
- FTTechnical Lead - Mobile / Cordova / .NetNSW
- FTFinancial AdministratorOther
- FTSAP SD/EDI Support ConsultantOther
- FTSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior .NET Developer - Back EndOther
- FTGraduate C# DeveloperNSW
- FTPronto Systems / Reporting AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - Government OrganisationVIC
- FTCyber Security EngineerOther
- FTGateway Architect - perm / contractACT
- FTSenior Data Warehouse Developer, Power BIOther
- CCBusiness Systems Analyst (Expression of Interest)QLD
- FTSenior Agile Business AnalystOther
- FTBroker Support/ Applications SupportOther
- FTField Services TechnicianACT