Nokia Bluetooth Speakers MD-7W
- Compact size, magnetic design ideal for travel, runs on batteries and AC power, decent sound quality
- 3D stereo widening can distort at high volume levels
The MD-7W is a decent option if you can't live without your music, and the included 3.5mm audio cable means you can connect a variety of both wireless and wired devices.
Price$ 219.99 (AUD)
Designed for both Bluetooth mobile phones as well as any device supporting a standard 3.5mm headphone jack, Nokia's MD-7W speakers are an ideal travel accessory if you can't live without your music. Featuring a magnetic attachment design for portability, the MD-7W manages to pack quite a punch considering the size.
Designed for use with any mobile phone supporting Bluetooth 2.0 with the A2DP profile, the MD-7W's outstanding feature is the magnetic design. The two speakers feature a small magnet hidden behind the speaker grill and they snap together to save space when travelling. So you don't lose them, the speakers are also connected via a black rubber strip.
The side of the right speaker has controls; a power button, 3D stereo widening and volume control sit above a standard 3.5mm headphone jack and a Nokia charging port. Pairing via Bluetooth is a relatively simple process – simply switch on the unit to enter pairing mode, and search for Bluetooth devices to add the MD-7W.
Sound quality via a Bluetooth connection is solid, but far from outstanding. As expected, quality through the included standard 3.5mm audio cable is a far better proposition. The 3D stereo widening setting may be worth turning on, though it depends on what type of music you are listening to. At high volume levels, the stereo widening setting can distort your music, though it does provide reasonable bass for a set of speakers this size.
The MD-7W can run on either the included four AA batteries (two in each speaker), or via AC power using the included AC adapter. A flashing white indicator light lets you know when the unit is powered on, and a second light below signifies the 3D stereo widening setting.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic launches new Windows powered Toughpad
- Oppo release limited Barcelona FC version of R11 flagship
- 3SIXT Reveals iPhone X Offering
- ALDI Mobile Ups Stakes in the Telco Industry
- Tech21 Unveils New Phone Protection for Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Software DeveloperSA
- TPScrum MasterNSW
- TPAnalyst ProgrammerSA
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTDatabase AnalystOther
- FTIT Desktop ManagerOther
- FTCloud/Infrastructure SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTHadoop DeveloperACT
- CCIT Service Desk AnalystACT
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- CCSenior Development DBA - OracleNSW
- TPSenior .Net Developer - 6 months contractQLD
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End DeveloperQLD
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- TPProject ManagerACT
- FTData ScientistOther
- FTSenior EAM ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCDesktop Support Engineer - Hunter ValleyNSW
- CCProgram / Project AnalystVIC