Nokia Bluetooth Speakers MD-7W
- Compact size, magnetic design ideal for travel, runs on batteries and AC power, decent sound quality
- 3D stereo widening can distort at high volume levels
The MD-7W is a decent option if you can't live without your music, and the included 3.5mm audio cable means you can connect a variety of both wireless and wired devices.
Price$ 219.99 (AUD)
Designed for both Bluetooth mobile phones as well as any device supporting a standard 3.5mm headphone jack, Nokia's MD-7W speakers are an ideal travel accessory if you can't live without your music. Featuring a magnetic attachment design for portability, the MD-7W manages to pack quite a punch considering the size.
Designed for use with any mobile phone supporting Bluetooth 2.0 with the A2DP profile, the MD-7W's outstanding feature is the magnetic design. The two speakers feature a small magnet hidden behind the speaker grill and they snap together to save space when travelling. So you don't lose them, the speakers are also connected via a black rubber strip.
The side of the right speaker has controls; a power button, 3D stereo widening and volume control sit above a standard 3.5mm headphone jack and a Nokia charging port. Pairing via Bluetooth is a relatively simple process – simply switch on the unit to enter pairing mode, and search for Bluetooth devices to add the MD-7W.
Sound quality via a Bluetooth connection is solid, but far from outstanding. As expected, quality through the included standard 3.5mm audio cable is a far better proposition. The 3D stereo widening setting may be worth turning on, though it depends on what type of music you are listening to. At high volume levels, the stereo widening setting can distort your music, though it does provide reasonable bass for a set of speakers this size.
The MD-7W can run on either the included four AA batteries (two in each speaker), or via AC power using the included AC adapter. A flashing white indicator light lets you know when the unit is powered on, and a second light below signifies the 3D stereo widening setting.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- HMD slash price on flagship Nokia 8 ahead of MWC
- Motorola bring Android Oreo to X4
- OnePlus 6 Release Date, Price & Specification Rumours
- Telstra Launches the Tough Max 2 Smartphone Designed for Those That Need Extra Durability
- Moto E5 Release Date, Price & Specification Rumours
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTCloud Systems EngineerOther
- CCHelpdesk TechnicianNSW
- CCProject Manager - Security/Cyber Security - CanberraNSW
- CCData Migration LeadACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Cyber Security TransformationOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - End User Computing - MobilityOther
- FTSenior Full Stack Developer - Blue Chip CompanyOther
- CCIOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution Architect - MDMOther
- CCIT Specialist - System ServicesNSW
- FTProject Manager - ERP implementationOther
- TPSystems Administrator (ServiceNow)QLD
- FTTechnical Infrastructure DesignerOther
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- FTSQL DeveloperOther
- FTBroker Support/ Applications SupportOther
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCTechnology Architect x 3NSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst (EL1)QLD
- FTPublic Cloud Infrastructure EngineerOther
- FTChange AnalystOther
- FTContent Marketing SpecialistOther
- FTHealthcare Systems Support Specialist - HL7QLD
- CCMid-level Architect/Technical Lead ( Java/J2EE)QLD
- CCAndroid developerNSW