- OLED display, reasonable call quality, size and design, ease of use
- Price, volume could be louder, no alert when phone is on silent mode
The BH-902 is a stylish and comfortable headset that works reasonably well, but the lack of an alert tone when your phone is in silent mode is annoying.
Price$ 214.99 (AUD)
Featuring a bright OLED display and boasting DSP (Digital Signal Processing) technology for clearer calls, Nokia's BH-902 is a stylish and comfortable Bluetooth headset.
Thanks to the OLED display, the BH-902 is quite an easy headset to operate. It only has four buttons -- power, volume up/down and answer call keys. Despite the headset's small size, we found the buttons easy to press and operation is simple and easy overall. The stylish gloss black and silver finish is complemented nicely by a small ear hook with chrome tips, making the BH-902 an attractive and comfortable headset.
Pairing is an effortless process; simply turn the unit on by holding down the power key, search for it as a Bluetooth device on your phone, enter the passcode and the BH-902 is ready to use. When powered on for the first time, the Nokia logo appears on the display and then the default passcode (0000) is shown, to speed up the pairing process.
Once connected, pressing the volume key when there is no call active displays the current time, as well as Bluetooth and battery indicators respectively. The BH-902 alerts you with caller ID on the display when you receive a call and also displays a small message icon and the text "new message" when a text or multimedia message is received. We can't see how the latter will be beneficial though, as you can't see the display when the unit is clipped to your ear. Unfortunately, the BH-902 doesn't play a tone when your phone rings or receives a message in silent mode.
Once paired, functions are simple and easy; press the call button to answer a call, and press it again to end a call. You can reject an incoming call by pressing the call handling button twice. You can also transfer a call from the headset to your phone and mute the microphone. We really liked the menu system -- pressing the power button brings up the on-screen menu consisting of recent calls, connection and setup.
Sound quality is passable, but far from outstanding. Volume in particular could have been much louder and we did struggle to hear a little while holding a conversation in a noisy environment. Nokia includes a holder that clips to your shirt; an ideal place to keep the headset when it's not in use.
Battery life is quite good considering the size. The BH-902's quoted eight hours of talk time and up to 110 hours of standby time is reasonable, if not outstanding.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Latest News Articles
- Google wants to solve the Android update problem once and for all with Project Treble
- Intel concerned about name of John McAfee’s privacy phone
- Low-cost Android phones to get iPhone features with new Qualcomm chips
- Qualcomm's Quick Charge 4 is coming in phones midyear
- Apple's next iPhones may cut corners on memory due to price squeeze
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCABAP ConsultantACT
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- CCICT Security Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCMaster Data Officer - SAPNSW
- FTSenior Data Engineer | up to $92 p/hrVIC
- FTSoftware EngineerWA
- FTICT Business Change SpecialistSA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCTesting SpecialistVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence DesignerNSW
- FTLevel 1 Support OfficerQLD
- FTTest Engineer | $92 p/hrVIC
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneNSW
- CCSAP ISU Functional ConsultantVIC
- TPData AnalystVIC
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- FTWintel Engineer - Website hostingNSW
- FTSenior IT Project ManagerSA
- TPIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCC++ DeveloperNSW
- FTDealing Room Support Analyst - IPC voiceNSW
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- FTAccount Manager - Technology SolutionsNSW
- FTBI Developer (SQL Server Reporting Services)SA