Nintendo Australia Wario: Master of Disguise
- Fun range of powers and disguises, innovative use of touch screen, Wario's in it.
- Average graphics, annoying characters and plot, gets a bit 'gimmicky' after a while.
Wario Master of Disguise is a surprisingly lacklustre title from the usually reliable bods at Nintendo. There is some fun to be had, but we were expecting a bit more.
Price$ 69.95 (AUD)
At first glance, Wario: Master of Disguise seems like a basic platformer in the tradition of Wario's red-capped cousin.
It quickly becomes apparent, however, that this game is no generic re-hashing of a familiar formula.
'Stache the Loot
The premise is simple: Wario is sucked into his favorite TV show about an over-the-top thief named the Silver Zephyr, steals the Zephyr's magical wand and then aims to steal everything that isn't nailed down. The plot is bizarre, as is to be expected in a Wario game, and generally isn't interesting enough to pay attention to through the hackneyed dialogue scenes.
The disguises are varied and offer up some cool abilities, most of which have you making good use of the stylus. Astronaut Wario is a good offensive option with his laser for clearing out enemies and is also useful for shooting switches and other puzzle elements. Artist Wario is immobile, but he lets you draw blocks with the stylus anywhere on the screen which can be used to trigger far off pressure switches, reach higher platforms, or even block line of sight for a patrolling guard. The Silver Zephyr's mechanical contraptions make up the boss fights throughout the game, and each one will require you to make creative use of one or more of your disguises.
The gameplay stays varied throughout, but Master of Disguise ends up feeling a little gimmicky due to uninteresting characters, plot, environments and graphics. The only real motivation to keep playing are the creative disguise abilities and fun touch screen elements you discover early on. There are 8 different mini games to play whenever you unlock a treasure chest, but these are easy and only mildly entertaining at best. If you're looking for a unique platformer with some enjoyable touch-screen gameplay, Wario: Master of the disguise is a decent choice, if a little rough around the edges.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Sony ghillie up with new Call of Duty bundle
- HyperX Reveals Next Generation Cloud Alpha Gaming Headset
- Acer expands gaming notebook lineup with Predator Helios 300
- Razer unveil new Basilisk mouse built for FPS gaming
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTFinance AnalystOther
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Configuration Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCProject Manager - Audio VisualNSW
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- TPAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTMarketing Executive - Digital, Direct and Customer MarketingOther
- FTBig Data DeveloperOther
- FTIT GraduateACT
- FTNon - functional Test LeadVIC
- FTMid - Senior Web DeveloperWA
- FTBusiness Transformation ConsultantOther
- FTTechnical Support - Level 1 - Sydney WestOther
- TPWordPress DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior SAP Training LeadOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCData Business AnalystNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTIT Sales ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerOther
- FTSolutions Architect (Enterprise Infrastructure)ACT
- CCAutomation Test Analysts x4ACT
- FTSenior/Lead Front End DeveloperOther
- CCHogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - InfrastructureVIC