Nintendo Australia Wario Land: Shake It!
A fun and whimsical platforming title.
- Highly engaging and eye pleasing visual style, perfect for younger Wii gamers
- Gameplay is a little too simplistic and repetitive for gamers looking for a challenge
Possessing the charm and vibrant visuals of a Saturday morning cartoon, Wario Land: Shake It! will definitely appeal to children; adult gamers, however, may find the gameplay repetitive and a tad dull.
Price$ 79.95 (AUD)
As far as spin-off characters go, Wario's had a pretty good career. Though he'll always live in the shadow of his more popular doppleganger Mario, he still manages to star in some awesome games like the frantic WarioWare. Now he's back with Wario Land: Shake It!, a fun and whimsical platforming title that's perfect for the younger Wii gamer.
All That Glitters
The more I played Shake It!, the more I became enamoured with the game's visual style. It really is one of the more vibrant and eye pleasing Wii games I've seen. The cartoon-like graphics are really whimsical and it fits Wario's greedy and grubby persona perfectly. Everything, from the characters to the level environments, left my inner-child smiling; it really is like watching a Saturday morning cartoon.
The gameplay, however, didn't thrill me as much. The level designs are rather simplistic, though there are plenty of hidden nooks and out of the way crannies to hunt down, and the treasure collecting missions felt a little repetitive after a while. The boss fights are also rather easy and won't challenge experienced gamers.
Still, the game does make good use of the Wii Remote-you hold the controller sideways and use the motion sensing for things like shaking money bags and initiating a powerful ground stomp — and there plenty of side missions to keep gamers busy. And I'm pretty positive that fans of platform games will find enough depth to keep them entertained throughout the game's main levels.
Despite its simplistic gameplay, the game is still worth playing, especially for the casual Wii gamer. It's fun, it's simple and it's charming, which pretty much describes most Wii games that hit big with that audience. And like I said, it's perfect for younger gamers so for them, it's an easy recommendation as well.
Join the newsletter!
Featuring a high capacity ink tank system, that completely removes the need for cartridges - it comes with up to 2 years of ink in the box
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- PAX AUS 2018 partners with EB Expo
- Planet of the Apes comes to VR
- New Zealand Consumer Spend on Video Games Headed Towards Half a Billion Dollars
- Razer roll out studio-grade Serien Elite microphone
- Blizzard announce new rewards for Battle for Azeroth preorders
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPEnterprise Architect | QLD Health | $1173/day | BrisbaneNSW
- FTDatabase Systems Specialist - AzureOther
- CCApplications Packaging EngineerWA
- CCIT Architect - Windows/SCCMNSW
- TPLevel 1 HelpdeskQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagersACT
- CCTest Lead - AgileQLD
- FTSenior Android DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- CCActive Directory SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Development DBA - OracleNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystOther
- CCBusiness Analyst (Junior - Mid Level)NSW
- FTApplication Support Analyst- SMSF AdministratorOther
- CCSolution ArchitectWA
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTSystems Administrator- Trim / EDRMSOther
- FTEnterprise ArchitectOther
- FTJava DeveloperWA
- FTIntegration DeveloperOther
- FTDesktop Engineer (Windows 10)Other
- CCSAP DevelopersNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- TPTechnical Support ResourceVIC