Nintendo Australia Super Smash Bros Brawl
- The gameplay is as accessible as ever. Whether you're a n00b who wants to mash buttons or a seasoned pro with serious skills, you'll have a good time. There is an amazing sense of depth to the game. From the deep roster to the finely tuned fighting engine, Brawl has it all. The amount of unlockable content is insane. Best of all, it all contributes to the overall gaming experience
- It doesn't really advance the franchise in any meaningful way. It's basically the past games with a new coat of paint. But really, is that such a bad thing?
From the fighting mechanics to roster of players Brawl is a well-rounded game that we just couldn't put down. The only downside to Brawl is that it doesn't do anything to reinvent the series. It takes elements of past SSB games and refines them, which is great, but players expecting an entirely new experience won't find it here. Still, it is a well rounded game that doesn't disappoint and it's a must buy for every Wii owner.
It's finally here. After an endless wait and one soul crushing delay, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is finally here and it is everything you wanted it to be and more!
Like little children eagerly awaiting the arrival of Christmas morning, gamers everywhere have been holding their collective breath in anticipation of March 9th, or as we in the office refer to it: "Brawl Day."
Well, your suffering is about to come to an end: soon, you too will come to find out what we already know – Super Smash Bros. Brawl is simply amazing. The list of things it does right is downright mind-blowing: an eclectic roster of fighters; a finely tuned fighting engine; a seemingly endless array of unlockable content; an undeniable sense of charm; and eye-pleasing visuals are just some of the things that Brawl gets right.
Oh, and did we mention that it has online multiplayer? Not only can you battle against your friends, you can take your skills online and challenge gamers all around the world. If you think you can't wait for March 9th to arrive, consider this: we have our copy of Smash Bros. Brawl waiting and we're just itching to hop online.
There are few games that are as loved by gamers as Super Smash Bros. and for a good reason: the series boasts simple yet addictive gameplay, fluid controls, and an unparalleled amount of unlockable content. The newest entry in the vaunted franchise, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, retains all the elements that made the first two titles such classics and expanded upon the established formula in every imaginable way.
The roster of fighters has always been one of the greatest strengths of the Smash series, and Brawl ups the ante with the biggest and most well-balanced roster to date. Solid Snake is perhaps the most anticipated new comer, and fans will not be disappointed with his performance. Snake is a well-balanced fighter who can stand his ground both in distances, though the use of his remote controlled missile, as well as short range battles, due to the speed of his standard attacks.
Fortunately, the developer put the same measure of refinement into every other character as well. From returning veterans like Mario to newcomers like Sonic, every fighter feels balanced, both in their fighting moves and how they control. Returning characters have also gotten a tune-up, which gives them a new sense of life. On the down side, there are several characters on the roster that felt like clones of each other. The similarities between Fox McCloud and Falco, for example, are so great we had a hard time telling them apart. However, the roster is varied enough that it isn't that big of a deal.
The More The Merrier
The other big attraction present in Brawl is the sheer amount of unlockable content that you can uncover and best of all, every item you unlock actually adds to the overall gameplay experience. The majority of this content comes in the form of assist trophies, Pok?balls, weapons, and items.
The assist trophies- – items that call support characters into battle – add a nice element of strategy and it also gives the sense that the roster of characters is far bigger than it really is. Even though you don't have direct control of them, having Little Mac or a fleet of 8-bit motorcycles from Excite Bike rush out to your aid is a neat twist that adds a lot to the battle. The nostalgia factor for old school gamers will also be high as the assist trophies make many references that they'll be sure to recognise.
Of course, the most powerful item in Brawl comes in the shape of a Smash Ball. This uber-powerup appears randomly and once collected, they allow you to initiate your character's Final Smash; depending on who you're playing as, that'll usually result in a one hit knock-out. Collecting a Smash Ball is not as easy as it sounds, however to obtain one, players must hit the tiny ball as it floats around the screen several times. When four Brawlers are all chasing after a Smash Ball, the chaos and competition that erupts is both exhilarating and hilarious.
Join the newsletter!
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Toys for Boys
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Bose SoundLink Micro
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Acer attempts to woo Australian gamers with reveal of its new Predator range
- Nintendo Switch software update: What does 4.0.0 feature and how to install it?
- Robot House announce vacuum-bot adventure game ahead of PAX Australia
- Wargaming launches ANZ servers for World of Tanks
- VR fairytale game Luna due for Oct 17 release
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTScrum MasterOther
- CCSystems Analyst / Consultant ? SAPQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - Change Management - Government backgroundOther
- TPSAP ABAP DeveloperQLD
- CCPega Resources Required - Developers & ArchitectsACT
- FTField Services TechnicianACT
- FTJava Software Engineers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC
- FTSAP CRM FunctionalistOther
- FTHead of Engineering - FrontendNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCWintel Messaging Engineer l Office 365 / Exchange / Skype for Business / AzureNSW
- FTSenior Portfolio Analyst. 12 month contract.NSW
- FTSenior Strategy Consultant - Blue Chip ClientOther
- CCLevel 1 Service deskNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Operational experience requiredOther
- CCTransition Manger - Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- TPProject ManagerACT
- FTUX Designer | Mobile ApplicationsOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCProgram ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Management/Customer Service - MULTIPLE ROLESSA
- TPProject Manager - MortgagesNSW
- TPSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTChange Analyst, Transformation, SAPOther
- FTMS Dynamics CRM DevelopersACT