Brought to you by Norton Symantec
Nintendo Australia Super Paper Mario
- Great gameplay and wonderful sense of humor. It's good to see Mario finally make his way onto the Wii.
- There's really nothing to complain about. It's a pretty awesome game.
Super Paper Mario brings the same sense of wonderment and fun it did to the Nintendo DS, giving Wii owners one of the best games for the system in the process. Highly recommended.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
The first game starring everyone's favorite mustachioed plumber has finally landed on the Nintendo Wii.
Super Paper Mario, the third game in the Paper Mario series, is easily one of the best titles we've seen yet, dishing out plenty of innovative uses of the Wii Remote, off the wall jokes, and mixed gameplay that fans of just about every genre will adore.
When Worlds Collide
Mario's adventure begins shortly after Princess Peach is kidnapped for the umpteenth time. Count Bleck, a top-hatted madman, has abducted the poor princess, believing that a forced marriage between her and Bowser will generate a black hole that will devour the entire universe. Wow, and I thought all those marriage jokes were just jokes. But Mario has a secret weapon at his disposal, the Wii Remote, which holds the power to flip the game from 2-D to a quasi-3-D perspective. Everything in the game will transform to 3-D, except for characters, which remain in their paper-thin state. The combination of different perspectives Mario can explore makes for a very unique visual feel; it's also a vital tool to solve puzzles and bypass obstacles.
Fans of the previous Paper Mario games will also notice that Super Paper Mario relies less heavily on RPG elements than the other titles in the series. The turn-based fighting system has been scrapped for a real-time affair and you can either stomp on enemies or use items and magic to send them into the shredder.
Controlling the action is relatively simple: Throughout most of the game you hold the Wii Remote with both hands--similar to the way it was back on the NES--but pressing the 'A' button will flip Mario out of the flat, 2-D world and into a 3-D perspective. You will also aim the Remote towards the screen at points to reveal hidden doors, play mini games, and more. As you progress through the game, you'll also get to control Peach, Luigi, and everybody's favorite villain, Bowser.
Virtually everything you come into contact with during your time spent with this game is laden with a truly warped sense of humor; there's no shortage of facial hair jokes and screwy characters you'll encounter. You will be spending as much time laughing at what's on the screen as you will be thoroughly immersed in trying to clear the current chapter you are playing.
Super Paper Mario is a near perfect addition to the venerable Mario franchise and your Wii collection. It will provide you with hours of first-rate entertainment and should serve as a nice diversion until Super Mario Galaxy is finally unleashed.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- HP revamp Omen range with game streaming and hybrid keyboard
- Nerial release update to Reigns: Her Majesty
- City of Brass update adds new playable characters
- State of Mind set to hit console and PC in August
- In Pictures: Gfinity Elite Series Australia Season 1 Grand Finals
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- Sonos Beam review: A more-affordable, smarter soundbar option
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies