Personal Trainer: Walking
Nintendo helps you get fit with Personal Trainer: Walking for the DS
- Easy to use and understand, great for those involved with the fitness craze
- Lack of extras, no number on the activity meter, plain graphics and repetitive music
My main complaint with Personal Trainer: Walking is I wish it had more. Add more mini games to generate a reason to keep returning to the game.
Nintendo has decided to try their luck with the fitness market on the DS with Personal Trainer: Walking. It has simple tasks and incorporates the walking you do each day. The package includes the DS game and two activity meters. Each meter also has a clip you can attach.
Start up is simple and it walks you through the process. Each activity meter will track one individual or dog and cannot be used with another profile until deleted. During startup you will ask be asked information like your name and birthday. You can create a custom Mii character or import you Mii from your Wii. Once your profile is created, you can begin carrying around the activity meter. You start with a 3,000 step goal and after one week it will adjust to meet your needs. You can check your stats at anytime by loading the game in your DS. It will keep tabs of when you start and stop, when you were most active and inactive, as well as your current totals. Another way to check if you have met your goal is with the activity meter. If the light is red, you have not met you step goal. Green indicates you have.
At the end of the day, choose whether you had a bad, good, or great day. You'll also receive a mini target for the next day, such as "make sure to keep good posture while you're walking", and an animal that represents the type of day you had. For example, Daytime Ant means you were most active during the day. Overall Personal Trainer Walking is easy to use and simple to understand. It offers many tips to improve self health. How much effort you put into it is up to you. Personal Trainer: Walking is about becoming more active by using what you're already doing (walking). The game accomplishes this goal and tries helps to build a healthier lifestyle.
My main complaint is I wish it had more. Add more mini games to generate a reason to keep returning to the game. With only two small games, you could easily accomplish the goals with a pedometer. I would also have the activity meter show the number of steps. I hated wondering where I was at, when I was unable to use my DS. Although it is not a title for everyone, fitness enthusiasts will get a kick out of this simple title.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Absolver celebrates 250K sales with new masks
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Fullbright Founders To Headline Melbourne International Games Week 2017
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Sony ghillie up with new Call of Duty bundle
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTScrum Master / Senior Business AnalystOther
- CCMobile Applications DeveloperACT
- FTProject Manager- Cloud -Federal GovernmentOther
- CCProgram Evaluation ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCApplications Deployment/SupportNSW
- TPSenior Change ManagerNSW
- FTService Design Analyst (Service Management Specialist- ITIL)Other
- CCData & Reporting AnalystVIC
- FT2 x Python Developers - FinTech/TradingOther
- CCData Business AnalystNSW
- FTAdministrator - Network InfrastructureOther
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCNetwork Automation EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Network Operations EngineerSA
- FTUser Experience (UX) SpecialistACT
- FTFinance AnalystOther
- FTSenior Pega DeveloperOther
- TPSenior Enterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - SharepointNSW
- TPEnterprise Applications AdministratorQLD
- FTBusiness analyst - Insurance BackgroundQLD