IoT botnets have been known for quite a while, but they gained household infamy after Mirai grabbed the headlines back in 2016.
Personal Trainer: Walking
Nintendo helps you get fit with Personal Trainer: Walking for the DS
- Easy to use and understand, great for those involved with the fitness craze
- Lack of extras, no number on the activity meter, plain graphics and repetitive music
My main complaint with Personal Trainer: Walking is I wish it had more. Add more mini games to generate a reason to keep returning to the game.
Nintendo has decided to try their luck with the fitness market on the DS with Personal Trainer: Walking. It has simple tasks and incorporates the walking you do each day. The package includes the DS game and two activity meters. Each meter also has a clip you can attach.
Start up is simple and it walks you through the process. Each activity meter will track one individual or dog and cannot be used with another profile until deleted. During startup you will ask be asked information like your name and birthday. You can create a custom Mii character or import you Mii from your Wii. Once your profile is created, you can begin carrying around the activity meter. You start with a 3,000 step goal and after one week it will adjust to meet your needs. You can check your stats at anytime by loading the game in your DS. It will keep tabs of when you start and stop, when you were most active and inactive, as well as your current totals. Another way to check if you have met your goal is with the activity meter. If the light is red, you have not met you step goal. Green indicates you have.
At the end of the day, choose whether you had a bad, good, or great day. You'll also receive a mini target for the next day, such as "make sure to keep good posture while you're walking", and an animal that represents the type of day you had. For example, Daytime Ant means you were most active during the day. Overall Personal Trainer Walking is easy to use and simple to understand. It offers many tips to improve self health. How much effort you put into it is up to you. Personal Trainer: Walking is about becoming more active by using what you're already doing (walking). The game accomplishes this goal and tries helps to build a healthier lifestyle.
My main complaint is I wish it had more. Add more mini games to generate a reason to keep returning to the game. With only two small games, you could easily accomplish the goals with a pedometer. I would also have the activity meter show the number of steps. I hated wondering where I was at, when I was unable to use my DS. Although it is not a title for everyone, fitness enthusiasts will get a kick out of this simple title.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Upcoming Overwatch Contenders Finals set for Melbourne Esports Open
- League of Legends to headline Melbourne's first Esports Open
- E3 2018: Every big game announcement and trailer
- Computex 2018: G.Skill draw eyes with new 'Crystal-RGB' RAM and new gaming gear
- Computex 2018: Everything new announced and shown by MSI
PCW Evaluation Team
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
- Computex 2018: Everything you missed at Asia's biggest tech tradeshow
- Computex 2018: Nvidia launches new AI-focused hardware and software platforms
- Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies