Modern workplaces come in a variety of shapes and sizes including the traditional cubicle, the open-plan office, and even the family home.
Nintendo Australia Mario Hoops 3-on-3
Warm up your stylus and lace up your shoes: it's game time!
- Control system
- Probably won't win over diehard basketball fans
With its light-hearted gameplay and silly graphics, Mario Hoops probably won't win over a diehard basketball fan but it's entertaining enough to keep most gamers glued to the on-court action. Nintendo definitely shoots and scores with this one.
Price$ 69.95 (AUD)
With an interesting control scheme and a whimsical presentation, Mario Hoops 3-on-3 offers a delightful twist on the sport of basketball. So warm up your stylus and lace up your shoes: it's game time!
The one thing that immediately makes Mario Hoops stand out is its controls. A combination of the stylus and D-Pad lets players tread the courts with deft precision. There is a bit of a learning curve but once you get used to it, you'll be making plays like your last name was Jordan. Items will also randomly appear to help you light up the scoreboard: there are mushrooms that slow you down or speed you up, various coloured shells to throw at opponents and banana peels to give them the slip.
The game also features a quirky scoring system. Two point buckets might be fine and dandy for the NBA but in the world of Mario, each shot nets you 20 points. Depending on how many coins you've accumulated, that can ratchet up to a record breaking 100 points or more! Causing all this on-court mayhem is a classic roster of Mario characters, each with his or her own speciality. For example, Wario is incredibly powerful and can steal the ball with ease while Diddy Kong displays impressive speed.
Like previous titles in the Mario sports franchise, Mario Hoops really shines when more than one human participant gets involved. You can take on your friends and foes alike in tournament mode, exhibition games and a variety of mini-games like Dribble Race and Coin Hunter.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- 2 Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- 3 LG E8 OLED TV (2018) and SK10Y soundbar review: If you've been on the fence about OLED, now might be the time to jump it
- 4 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 5 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Gfinity announce Elite Series Season 2 launch date
- League of Origin comes to Melbourne
- Aussie Esports teams progress to $1.25 million Throwndown Esports finals
- Red Bull brings LVL UP competition to PAX 2018
- The Away Team to get Lost Exodus update on October 22nd
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Hands on with Huawei's Mate 20 Pro
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Oppo Find X: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies