Nikon COOLPIX 7900
- Nice image quality
- Blur warning and red-eye fix functions not effective enough, lacks functions
A high-resolution camera that does its best to prevent you taking bad shots.
Price$ 749.00 (AUD)
The Coolpix 7900 does its best to prevent you from taking bad shots. Its Blur Warning lets you know when camera shake or hand shake has affected a shot--but we found far too many blurred shots still slipped past the sensor's eye. D-Lighting compensates for insufficient flash or excessive backlighting. When tone is adjusted, a new picture is created automatically, in addition to the original. The end result is a brighter picture. Nikon's in-camera red-eye fix function automatically detects and corrects red eyes in-camera. On some shots, it does the job well, but it can also give some subjects a glazed eye effect or completely miss some red eyes.
The Coolpix 7900 features a 3X Zoom-Nikkor ED lens (with focal range equivalent of a 38-114mm lens in 35mm format) and takes shots at 7.1 megapixels. It has a top resolution of 3072 x 2304. Images saved at this setting and at Fine quality are more than suitable for A3 enlargements. All image information is saved to either its 14MB internal memory, or to an SD card.
The 7900's body is easy to hold. For ease of use, the camera omits manual functions such as aperture and shutter priority, but has a large range of presets and auto-settings available.
Join the newsletter!
Featuring a high capacity ink tank system, that completely removes the need for cartridges - it comes with up to 2 years of ink in the box
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- D-Link Wins Prestigious iF Design Award 2018
- Reolink Launches a New 4G LTE Security Camera, Available in Australia
- Panasonic introduces new ultra telephoto zoom lens
- Sony Introduces Dual Camera Shooting Solution for RX0
- Fujifilm Introduces Two High Performance Cinema Lenses for its Mirrorless Digital Camera X Series Range
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TP.NET Developer - ContractWA
- CCSenior Solution Architect - Brisbane locationNSW
- FTSenior Solutions Consultant - ServiceNowNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- TPUX UI DesignerNSW
- CCAgile Project ManagerNSW
- FTHosting/Virtualisation ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Network Security EngineerVIC
- TPSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCScrum Master - Online DigitalVIC
- FTSenior UX Digital Developer, Digital Design DevelopmentOther
- TPProject Manager - ServiceNowNSW
- CCCyber Security Business AnalystACT
- FTSAP Test AnalystsACT
- CCTransformation Technical ArchitectWA
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- CCMessaging AdministratorQLD
- TPAPS 6 Web DeveloperACT
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager T24NSW
- TPProject CoordiantorNSW
- CCCyber Security Business AnalystNSW
- FTAndroid Developer - 6 Month ContractOther
- CCNetwork Solution ArchitectNSW