Nikon COOLPIX 7600
- Nice pictures, stunning LCD
- Bad image writing lag, mediocre design, mediocre features
This reasonable camera has an incredible LCD, but is dogged by a few design and lag problems.
Price$ 549.00 (AUD)
The Nikon Coolpix 7600 is a mixed bag. On one hand, it offers great picture quality in a compact model, but on the other hand it lacks the features, functions and style of several of its competitors.
One area in which this model does completely outshine the competition is the LCD. It's not large--only 1.8"--but it depicted the subject perfectly regardless of how they were moving. Never before have we seen a screen with so little evidence of ghosting or blurring.
This screen really helps you get the best out of your shots, and the 7.1 megapixel 7600 also produced great images. We were particularly impressed with the colour saturation; it presented the rich blue of the sky and the dull green of tree leaves wonderfully. There was perhaps a small problem with sharpness around very detailed areas, but overall the image quality was very impressive.
While taking shots in low-light areas the camera suffered from painfully long recovery lag, in the range of four to five seconds. Outside it was fine, with a fairly standard one to two second wait between shots. There was also a noticeable lag between holding down the shutter button and the camera actually taking the shot. The images themselves were quite good, but these periods of downtime can make shooting tedious.
The design itself is a blend of positives and negatives. It is quite small for a 7.1 megapixel model and would fit comfortably in a pocket or bag, but its boxy design wouldn't appeal much to the fashion-conscious photographer. It felt reasonably durable, but has a little more plastic than we like to see. Some of the buttons felt poorly mounted as well, and required several attempts to successfully push.
It sports a fairly standard set of features. It has white balance and exposure control, but no manual aperture or shutter speed setting. It has a basic, 16-shot continuous shot function, as well as a 10-shot "best shot" function, but no real exposure bracketing features. There are also 16 pre-programmed shot modes, which cover most of the basics without offering anything fantastic.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Toys for Boys
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Lego Mindstorms EV3
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Xbox One X
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic Announces Compact, Lightweight ultra-telephoto LEICA Lens
- Panasonic announce still-shooter flagship G9
- Sony Announces Development of New G Master Super-Telephoto Full-Frame E-Mount Lens
- Sony Expands Full-frame E-mount lens lineup
- Sony’s New Full-Frame α7R III Interchangeable Lens Camera promises to delivers both resolution and speed
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSolution Architect - Security/DigitalVIC
- FTMulesoft Solutions DesignerNSW
- TPPrincipal Data AnalystQLD
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunicationsQLD
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - WealthOther
- TPDigital Project Manager - SalesforceNSW
- FTJava Developer (API Development)Other
- FTBackend Java DevelopersNSW
- TPFrontend Developer - AngularNSW
- CCService Delivery Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- FTDigital BAOther
- FTSenior Change ManagerACT
- FTFront End Developer l HTML5 , SCSS, Bootstrap, KnockOut, MVVPNSW
- FTProgress 8.3 DeveloperOther
- CCService management Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Technical Engineer - MacVIC
- CCDevOps Engineer - AWS, Jenkins, GitVIC
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantACT
- FTData AnalystOther
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTProject Manager - Develop Strategy. Need RISI card, Rail bckgrdOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC