Netsupport Manager 9.1
- Substantial support functions, Bundled ActiveX, Easy Installation
- Complex Functionality
NetSupport Manager 9.1 comes highly recommended and contains a substantial list of features.
Price$ 84.00 (AUD)
Remote-control offerings aren't exactly rare - Microsoft Windows XP Professional has one as standard, and there's always free VNC (Virtual Network Computing). But these are one-to-one tools and are not perfectly suited to the larger task of administering and supporting networks. For this, you need a product along the lines of NSM (NetSupport Manager) - a comprehensive offering with an impressive list of features.
NSM 9.1 offers a substantial list of support functions. As well as remote control, you get file transfer, chat and a hardware/software inventory. The Monitor mode allows you to shrink desktops down to thumbnail views so you can keep an eye on a number of workstations at once. Or you can 'channel surf', displaying each desktop in turn. It's also possible to share control of a remote desktop, so you can walk a user through a problematic task, and there's a record/playback feature that is very useful as a teaching tool.
Remote web access is available via the bundled ActiveX controls, so you can remotely control a client over the Internet directly from a browser. NSM 9.1 works best with Windows clients but more limited support for Pocket PC, Linux and Mac is available.
Reassuringly, NSM 9.1 worked right out of the box. Installation is a snap - you install the whole package on the 'monitoring' PC and just the client on the ones to be monitored. This can be done remotely via a 'deploy' feature.
The well-thought-out Explorer-like interface makes using NSM 9.1 a very intuitive experience, and for most tasks we found no need to refer to the extensive manual. This is a major plus, considering the program's wide-ranging and complex functionality.
Reasonably priced, very easy to use and with a wide range of features, NetSupport Manager is the answer to every network-admin's prayers and comes highly recommended.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantWA
- FTProfessional Services Consultant - UCMOther
- FTNet DeveloperACT
- FTEnterprise Architect - ApplicationsOther
- CCSAP Finance AnalystNSW
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTScheduling Specialist - Must have baseline or NV1Other
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCFinance AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW
- FTBuild Support OfficerOther
- CCSAP CRM Functional Consultants - Multiple rolesQLD
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther
- FT.Net Developers (.Net / C# / Visual Studio)ACT
- FTOperations Orchestration SpecialistACT
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- FTEnterprise Architect - Security (ICT Transformation)Other
- FTEAI DeveloperVIC
- FTOracle DeveloperACT
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneVIC
- FTPega / BPM DevelopersACT
- FTTransport EngineerOther
- FTIT Audit ManagerNSW
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystSA
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantVIC