Netsupport Manager 9.1
- Substantial support functions, Bundled ActiveX, Easy Installation
- Complex Functionality
NetSupport Manager 9.1 comes highly recommended and contains a substantial list of features.
Price$ 84.00 (AUD)
Remote-control offerings aren't exactly rare - Microsoft Windows XP Professional has one as standard, and there's always free VNC (Virtual Network Computing). But these are one-to-one tools and are not perfectly suited to the larger task of administering and supporting networks. For this, you need a product along the lines of NSM (NetSupport Manager) - a comprehensive offering with an impressive list of features.
NSM 9.1 offers a substantial list of support functions. As well as remote control, you get file transfer, chat and a hardware/software inventory. The Monitor mode allows you to shrink desktops down to thumbnail views so you can keep an eye on a number of workstations at once. Or you can 'channel surf', displaying each desktop in turn. It's also possible to share control of a remote desktop, so you can walk a user through a problematic task, and there's a record/playback feature that is very useful as a teaching tool.
Remote web access is available via the bundled ActiveX controls, so you can remotely control a client over the Internet directly from a browser. NSM 9.1 works best with Windows clients but more limited support for Pocket PC, Linux and Mac is available.
Reassuringly, NSM 9.1 worked right out of the box. Installation is a snap - you install the whole package on the 'monitoring' PC and just the client on the ones to be monitored. This can be done remotely via a 'deploy' feature.
The well-thought-out Explorer-like interface makes using NSM 9.1 a very intuitive experience, and for most tasks we found no need to refer to the extensive manual. This is a major plus, considering the program's wide-ranging and complex functionality.
Reasonably priced, very easy to use and with a wide range of features, NetSupport Manager is the answer to every network-admin's prayers and comes highly recommended.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Monster Hunter World review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Test Analyst - ContractOther
- PTDigital PublisherNSW
- FTGreenfield Implementation SAP IS-U DM | SAP IS-U DM | SAP ECOther
- FTBroker Support/ Applications SupportOther
- FTSenior Data Services and ETL developerNSW
- FTGraduate Talent Acquisition SpecialistOther
- FTTechnical Infrastructure DesignerOther
- FTSolution DesignerOther
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Supply Chain / LogisiticsVIC
- FTAWS AdministratorNSW
- TPProject ManagerACT
- CCSenior System EngineerNSW
- CCProcurement AnalystNSW
- FTGraduate Data Scientist/ Data AnalystWA
- FTRisk Manager x 2Other
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperWA
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Consultant (Security)Other
- CCDelivery Manager - Cloud Solution ProjectNSW
- CCCisco Engineer - Perth basedSA
- FTDevOps & IT Operations | Trading & Finance | LinuxOther
- FTSenior Dynamics AX DeveloperOther
- FT.Net Developer (Full Stack)Other