Netobjects Fusion 9.0
- Wealth of tools and wizards, Custom Components Suite
- Not really a major upgrade
The upgrades aren't as overwhelming as in previous versions, but represent the steady evolution of a worthwhile program. Fusion is cheaper than other high-end competitors - although anyone who creates websites only very occasionally will want to consider the alternatives. For all but the most expert developers, this really is the recommended application.
Price$ 299.00 (AUD)
Fusion has long had a reputation as a sophisticated application that can produce competent results but is easy to use, particularly when compared with Dreamweaver and GoLive. While it provides plenty of wizards to set up pages quickly, it also offers a wealth of tools to control some pretty advanced features for your site, including controls for online shops and RSS feeds.
NetObjects introduced the really substantial changes from version 7.0 onwards. This latest release does not feel like such a major upgrade, but it does offer improvements that will appeal to current users as well as those who are new to the program. One of the modifications that has been promoted most - the ability to build Flash websites without Flash - is more limited than it first appears, but is a welcome addition anyway.
More impressive are tools for helping with site building and maintenance. Thus, for example, the locking controls mean that objects, images and entire areas of pages can be locked to prevent editing - accidental or otherwise. The new navigation options do not end with the addition of Flash controls: you can also add decorative end caps to navigation graphics and build up sophisticated-looking buttons.
Best of all, however, is the addition of a range of tools to the Custom Components suite. Some of these are extremely useful, such as the Secure Site package to provide login and password tools, RSS and the ability to add Google Search to your pages.
Other improvements will be appreciated by experienced designers. Extensions to CSS (cascading style sheet) controls within Fusion enable you to adjust the appearance of forms and database output, providing full portability and management should you decide to configure your website for different platforms. Similarly, the Versions Manager allows developers to create and store different editions of sites, which is particularly handy for debugging and tracking changes.
For design professionals, Dreamweaver - formerly owned by Macromedia, but now part of the Adobe stable - remains the best application around, not least because there's an active community developing plug-in extensions for just about every task that a designer needs to do. For many people, however, it remains extremely difficult to use. And while the main alternative, GoLive, has some fans (particularly among print designers), it is even harder to use. As well as difficulty, there remains the element of cost. For occasional users, much the better options are Serif WebPlus or Namo Web Editor.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
cloudandco Smart Cane
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Toys for Boys
Bose SoundLink Micro
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Xbox One X
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 2 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 3 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 4 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- JBL Link 10 review: Full, in-depth review
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- CES 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDevOps ManagerOther
- FTCyber Security ArchitectOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst - TechnicalNSW
- FTDevOps Engineer, Continuous Delivery, Cloud AutomationOther
- FTNatural/ADABAS ProgrammerOther
- CCIteration Manager - TelcoVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - FortifyACT
- FTCyber Security ArchitectOther
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- CCData Quality ManagerNSW
- FTCyber Security Engineer - AWS Project!Other
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- FTSenior Software Developer - Java/J2EE/Micro services URGENTOther
- CCIteration Lead - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTJava DevelopersVIC
- FTApplication/Systems Support AnalystOther
- CCSenior Development DBA - OracleNSW
- CCSQL / .Net Developers (1 Snr & 2 Mid Level)WA
- FTSenior Business Analyst (Office 365 Project)Other
- FTNetwork Engineering Team Lead/Network ManagerVIC
- CCFunctional Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - TableauOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - MortgagesOther
- CCBusiness AdministratorNSW