NetComm V25 VoIP Headset
- Design, volume control, performance.
- Headphone covers get hot quickly, volume lacking a little.
A well designed set of headphones, the V25 isn't outstanding by any means, but it does offer pretty good value for money.
Price$ 24.97 (AUD)
The NetComm V25 is a basic stereo VoIP headset with a convenient volume control and flexible microphone. Its sleek, minimalist design ensures it looks as good as it performs and for the price offers good value for money.
The V25 is an ideal accessory for any VoIP or instant messaging client including Skype, MSN and iChat. The best feature of this headset is that it doesn't require any drivers to operate - it connects to your PC or Mac via a headphone and microphone jack. This means you can have it up and running in a matter of seconds and it will work with any software that uses sound and voice. The only downside is that the V25 becomes your computer's main audio source - as if it were a set of speakers.
The headset uses an around the head design, but it is surprisingly comfortable - even for prolonged periods of use. We didn't think much of the design until the headset was worn for a couple of hours and we're pleased to report that it was quite comfortable. The rubber ear clips are soft while the band is flexible and well constructed. Our only complaint is that the headphone covers tend to warm up your ears quickly due to the fabric being used.
The V25 includes a separate volume adjustment and an on/off switch for the built-in microphone. A clip on the rear allows you to attach it to a shirt pocket for added convenience. The microphone is connected to the headset by a flexible rod which is easy to adjust to an ideal position for voice calls.
Performance was adequate. The volume was lacking a little, even on its highest setting with the PC's volume set to the maximum. It's fine if there is no excess noise, but in a busy office environment it may come up lacking. Voice calls using Skype were quite crisp and clear throughout testing, with good audio quality for both incoming and outgoing sound.
Overall the V25 is an average headset, but with a comfortable design and convenient microphone volume and mute controller, it offers pretty good value for money.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Synology announces slew of new hardware + software at Sydney event
- Linksys signs on as PAX AUS partner
- NETGEAR 4G LTE Modem Keeps You Online
- ASUSTOR and Seagate Technology Bring IronWolf Health Management to ASUSTOR NAS
- NBN hooks up 6 million homes and businesses
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCEnvironment Support Analyst with .NetQLD
- FTGraduate Developer - C#.Net | SQL | Web ServicesQLD
- FTDigital Reporting AnalystOther
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- TPKnowledge AnalystVIC
- FTProject SchedulersQLD
- FTC ++ DeveloperNSW
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- CCTosca Test AutomationVIC
- FTWeb Developer (UX Design / Siebel Open UI / CSS)NSW
- CCSenior Test Data Management ConsultantVIC
- FTPermanent Project ManagersACT
- CCSecurity AdministratorQLD
- FTApp Support Tech LeadQLD
- FTNetwork AdministratorOther
- FTWeb Developer - Full Stack - 3D, VR, WebGLNSW
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation)NSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCSystems Engineers / Infrastructure EngineersNSW
- FTMid-Level Project Manager - IP and Voice ProductsOther
- FTProgram Manager - Agile / DigitalOther
- TPSAP ABAP DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - AMLOther