NetComm V25 VoIP Headset
- Design, volume control, performance.
- Headphone covers get hot quickly, volume lacking a little.
A well designed set of headphones, the V25 isn't outstanding by any means, but it does offer pretty good value for money.
Price$ 24.97 (AUD)
The NetComm V25 is a basic stereo VoIP headset with a convenient volume control and flexible microphone. Its sleek, minimalist design ensures it looks as good as it performs and for the price offers good value for money.
The V25 is an ideal accessory for any VoIP or instant messaging client including Skype, MSN and iChat. The best feature of this headset is that it doesn't require any drivers to operate - it connects to your PC or Mac via a headphone and microphone jack. This means you can have it up and running in a matter of seconds and it will work with any software that uses sound and voice. The only downside is that the V25 becomes your computer's main audio source - as if it were a set of speakers.
The headset uses an around the head design, but it is surprisingly comfortable - even for prolonged periods of use. We didn't think much of the design until the headset was worn for a couple of hours and we're pleased to report that it was quite comfortable. The rubber ear clips are soft while the band is flexible and well constructed. Our only complaint is that the headphone covers tend to warm up your ears quickly due to the fabric being used.
The V25 includes a separate volume adjustment and an on/off switch for the built-in microphone. A clip on the rear allows you to attach it to a shirt pocket for added convenience. The microphone is connected to the headset by a flexible rod which is easy to adjust to an ideal position for voice calls.
Performance was adequate. The volume was lacking a little, even on its highest setting with the PC's volume set to the maximum. It's fine if there is no excess noise, but in a busy office environment it may come up lacking. Voice calls using Skype were quite crisp and clear throughout testing, with good audio quality for both incoming and outgoing sound.
Overall the V25 is an average headset, but with a comfortable design and convenient microphone volume and mute controller, it offers pretty good value for money.
Join the newsletter!
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Toys for Boys
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Bose SoundLink Micro
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Xbox One X
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 2 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 3 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 4 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By Netgear
- CES 2018: D-Link Demonstrates New Connected Innovations
- Razer Partners With Ignition Design Labs on Gaming-Grade Wi-Fi
- Netgear target small businesses with Orbi Pro
- D-Link Launches Their Fastest-Ever NBN AC5300 MU-MIMO Modem Router
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- JBL Link 10 review: Full, in-depth review
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- CES 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSenior Applications Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior Consultant - .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTNetwork Engineering Team Lead/Network ManagerACT
- CCDevops Analyst - Automation experienceVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst x 2 - ServiceNowQLD
- FTSoftwares Support AnalystOther
- CCNetwork Surveyor - TelcoVIC
- CCSQL / .Net Developers (1 Snr & 2 Mid Level)WA
- FTJava DevelopersVIC
- FTSenior Scrum MasterOther
- FTPortfolio & Governance Senior AnalystVIC
- FTLead Business AnalystOther
- FTSenior Front End Developer - ReactQLD
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- FTBusiness ConsultantOther
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- CCSix Sigma Process Improvement Consultant (Black Belt) - Sydney - TelcoNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Functional AnalystOther
- FTNetwork Technical Specialist L3 x 2 ? Large Telco ? 6 month contract initiallyNSW
- FTMaster SchedulerOther
- FTConsulting Project Manager (Agile)ACT
- FTPHP DeveloperOther
- TPProgram Delivery Manager - Health LISQLD
- FTAndroid DeveloperQLD