NEC MultiSync LCD2690WUXi
- Highly accurate colour representation, tilt and lift functions, good graphics and text reproduction
- Limited horizontal viewing angle, low-end contrast ratio and brightness ratings.
If you are looking for a monitor with accurate colour representation the NEC MultiSync LCD2690WUXi is right for you.
Price$ 2,229.00 (AUD)
The NEC MultiSync LCD2690WUXi is a 26in widescreen LCD monitor, the largest in NEC's 90 series of professional displays. As such, you'd expect it to be packed with features and NEC is never one to disappoint. At first glance you might be a little disappointed by some of the specifications (800:1 contrast ratio, 300 cd/m2 brightness rating), but it's the many impressive features that turn this into a barnstormer.
These include a programmable 12bit colour lookup table for smooth colour transitions and gradients, the ability to display up to 94 percent of the Adobe RGB colour space, and X-light Pro technology to keep the brightness and colour consistent through the life of the display. Though it carries a high-end price tag, this display should appeal to colour-savvy professionals.
The display sports a simple but elegant design with a thin, black bezel - helpful if you need to position two or more displays together. The menu system is intuitive, and the process is made easier still by the onscreen descriptions that appear just above the navigation buttons. Seeing eye-to-eye with this display should be no problem; you can adjust its height, tilt it forward and back, and even rotate it into a portrait orientation. We found the display to be bright but a little washed out. Once calibrated, though, the screen looked great. Its side-angle viewing wasn't quite as good as that of other NEC 90 series displays, but it was still very good. Text was clear, crisp, and legible at small point sizes. Colours really popped, with saturated but accurate representations of the food, skin tones and textures.
For professional photographers and designers, accurate colour is a necessity. Although this big, bright 26in display costs a pretty penny, its vast array of features make the MultiSync LCD2690WUXi a tool all serious colour geeks should consider.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By ASUS
- BenQ Celebrates Modern Sleekness with Newest Monitors for Home and Office
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Monster Hunter World review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTMarketing Programs CoordinatorNSW
- CCInfoSphere SpecialistACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Business Process Solutions - MelbourneVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTSolution Architect - PresalesACT
- FT.Net Developer (Full Stack)Other
- FTTechnical AnalystSA
- CCService Design LeadVIC
- FTWeb Application Developer - NodeJSOther
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCFront-End DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP PI/PO Integration LeadOther
- TPScrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Solution Architect - BankingVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Supply ChainOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - PEGAOther
- TPSenior Project Manager - Lotus Notes to O365VIC
- CCTeam / Process / Project Coordinator ? Telco ? 6 mth contract - Nth SydNSW
- CC.Net Developer - wealth platformVIC
- FTMid Level UX DesignerOther
- TPEL2 Informatica SpecialistACT
- CCIOS DeveloperNSW
- FTOrganisational Change ManagerOther
- CCBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Applications Project ManagerACT