NEC MultiSync LCD1980FXi
- Awesome image, great adjustment
- A little pricey
Outstanding image quality and adjustability. The cost would be easily justified if you were after top-quality output from a TFT.
Price$ 1,295.00 (AUD)
NEC's MultiSync LCD 1980FXi is all about function over form. The 19" monitor sports an extremely basic design, with a thin black bezel edging the screen and otherwise blocky appearance. Although the 1980FXi isn't as sleek as most other 19" monitors, it boasts a stunning on-screen image, great ergonomic adjustment and both VGA and DVI inputs (you can switch between the two).
The screen runs in a native resolution of 1280 x 1024 pixels and measures 40 x 20 x 50cm. It weighs in at 9kg, making it one of the heavier screens around, but the base is solid and it doesn't move around on the desk.
The ergonomic enhancements are outstanding: the unit employs a telescopic stand that includes internal springs to keep the screen floating. It's possible to grab the screen and move it up and down to suit different users, and the monitor face is mounted on a ball joint for even more movement. What's more, the 19" screen can pivot between landscape and portrait modes, making it ideal for people editing long passages of text on screen.
Seven buttons adorn the bottom bezel, providing quick and effective navigation of the on-screen menu. The auto-adjustment feature does a reasonable job of setting up the monitor, but with a little extra tweaking we found the image quality soared. Internal 10-bit colour correction ensures that images are rich. In fact, brightness, contrast and colour balance are all excellent, and the screen is ideal for workers looking at images all day--graphic designers and CAD operators take note. NEC offers a software package called GammaComp that allows the user to define a gamma curve. There's no direct ICC support, but the curve lets the knowledgeable user fine-tune the image ad infinitum. The screen brightness also be adjusted based on ambient light if desired.
There are numerous extra elegant touches to help make this monitor appeal to different markets. One is support for tile mode, where you can use a group of 1980FXi screens to display a single image at a trade show or public demonstration. Of course, the screen features a VESA mount.
NEC provides a three-year warranty, which you would expect for a monitor in this price bracket. The image quality and ergonomic adjustments more than justify the price.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Apple iPhone X
Toys for Boys
Bose SoundLink Micro
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- G-Sync HDR displays go ultrawide and ultra-fast with the 200Hz Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCJunior to mid-level - Business Analyst ? AgileQLD
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- TPEL1 Business AnalystACT
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCRPA DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- FTRecords AnalystOther
- FTPermanent .Net Developer roleACT
- FTHadoop DeveloperSA
- FTPageUp BAOther
- CCPortfolio / Relationship ManagerNSW
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Operations ManagerOther
- CCReporting AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Java DevelopersACT
- FTSAP Test ManagerACT
- CCTransition Manger - Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTTechnical Digital Producer | 6 Month ContractOther
- FTTechnical Lead / Senior Systems EngineerOther
- FTSolution Designer - WealthOther
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions Architect - Converged InfrastructureOther
- CCLSS BPMN Process Improvement AnalystVIC