Harvest Moon: Frantic Farming
Frantic Farming is a Harvest Moon game in title only, because with this specific entry the franchise has officially branched out (pun intended) into the puzzle genre.
- Characters are charming and have lots of personality, lots of game-type and multiplayer options
- Uneven difficulty progression and shallow story
Harvest Moon: Frantic Farming is a good, if not somewhat familiar, puzzler.
When you think of farming, probably the last adjective that comes to mind is frantic; but when you combine farming with Harvesting-Elves (aka Sprites), crops made of solid gold, and cowboys who pull up vegetables with lassos, the term "frantic" almost seems like an understatement.
However, beyond those electrifying aspects of Harvest Moon: Frantic Farming rests the bread and butter of every puzzle game: colored block manipulation. In Frantic Farming you'll attempt to grow and harvest various crops (each represented by a unique icon and color) as quickly as possible. You'll do this by lining up the mature crops so that a Sprite can pluck them from your field. With each plucked crop the Sprite will plant new ones, which will grow and eventually need to be harvested as well. But like all competent puzzle games, understanding the simple and straightforward premise is only half of the agricultural-battle; the real meat of the gameplay is found in its mastery.
Unfortunately, in order for a player to lay claim to Frantic Farming mastery, he'll need to perfect one specific technique. This would be alright if the game slowly built up its focus on that aspect, but instead it asks you to master it in the course of a level, making for very uneven difficulty and a couple of frustrating rounds. But that's a small gripe for what is otherwise a good, if not somewhat familiar, puzzler.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Robot House announce vacuum-bot adventure game ahead of PAX Australia
- Wargaming launches ANZ servers for World of Tanks
- VR fairytale game Luna due for Oct 17 release
- Event schedule announced for PAX Aus 2017
- Hand of Fate 2 set for Nov. 7 launch, will support 4K HD on Xbox
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPIntegration SpecialistQLD
- FTProgram Manager - Agile / DigitalOther
- CCMultiple Pega Resources Required - Developers & ArchitectsNSW
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCDevOps Developer (Chef/IAF/Linux)QLD
- FTProject Manager - Software Development ProjectsOther
- CCJunior IT Project ManagerNSW
- TPAzure DevOps ConsultantNSW
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Technical Business AnalystOther
- CCBusiness Analyst (Business Process Modelling) - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCIntegration Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTPython Developer - FinTech/TradingOther
- CCSet-Top Box InstallerQLD
- FTSenior Digital Producer/Digital Program ManagerOther
- CCTraining and Support LeadACT
- TPSenior Project OfficerQLD
- FTSenior Software EngineerNSW
- FTPython DeveloperOther
- CCSenior .NET Engineer - Back-EndNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTIT Project ManagerOther