MySpace.com MySpace Music
MySpace Music vs Apple iTunes - round 2...
- Personalised music page
- Jumbled artist pages
MySpace Music's overhaul has potential to engage users in a more socially oriented environment than other music purchasing services, but with so much competition out there, it won't be an easy journey.
MySpace Music's long-awaited overhaul went live today, granting users access to thousands of streaming songs and new features such as customizable playlists, updated aesthetics, and a direct connection to Amazon.corm's MP3 library.
The new homepage resembles the Apple iTunes music store and has a cleaner, more streamlined feel than many MySpace pages. It features quick links to your personalised music page, videos, featured playlists, top artists, shows, classifieds and discussion forums.
MySpace inked a deal with three major record labels to allow access to free copies of songs, so there is no shortage of good tunes.
The best new feature is the personalised music page. From there, users can generate playlists of up to 100 tracks. A pop-out player keeps music playing in the background and is handy for cranking tunes at work (as long as the site isn't blocked, as it is from many workplaces). Some but not all tracks have an Amazon.com MP3 Store link next to them, which sends you directly to Amazon's site for purchase. The greatest aspect of MySpace's collaboration with Amazon is the DRM-free tracks playable on all MP3 devices.
On the playlist I created, I added Bob Dylan's "Black Crow Blues". When I played it separately, a link to the Amazon MP3 Store appeared, giving me a quick, seamless way to buy the song. When the song was added to my playlist, the Amazon link inexplicably disappeared. I ran across this confusion on several pages of music, scoping a variety of artists, but it's probably just the growing pains of an ambitious site.
Playlists can be public or private, so if you want to show off your awesome taste in music to friends, you can slap it on your MySpace profile homepage. And if you're not into exhibition, you can keep it to yourself
MySpace has always been known for its jumbled appearance, unlike the more popular Facebook, which prohibits users from hacking the HTML. I noticed this disparate chaos on most of the artist pages I checked, including a big discrepancy on Robin Thicke's page. He was a featured artist, appearing at the top of the MySpace Music homepage, and the ad touted exclusive content. At the top of his personal page, however, was an ad to pre-order his newest album . . . from iTunes. You'd think they would have ironed that out.
The feature I was most excited for was direct links to merchandise and concert tickets. But again, because of the nature of MySpace, I only found a few artists (like Bob Dylan) who had streamlined, easy-to-follow direction.
MySpace Music grants users access to thousands of streaming songs and new features such as customisable playlists, updated aesthetics, and a direct connection to Amazon.com's MP3 library.
Join the newsletter!
Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTProject Admin / Co-ordinatorOther
- CCLinux DevOps Engineer - Cloud platformVIC
- CCSAP ArchiectNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer, Full Stack, Sydney CBD, Java, .NET, Angular, Web APINSW
- FTHelp desk Support AnalystOther
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCKnowledge Analyst (Digital Content)NSW
- FTSystems EngineerVIC
- FTOracle SOA DeveloperOther
- FTDesktop Support Engineer - OnsiteOther
- FTSenior Test Analyst - Multiple rolesOther
- CCDynamics CRM Functional Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- FTSystems Engineer (Office 365 )Other
- FTProgram Manager, Fleet TransformationOther
- FTEntry Level IT help deskOther
- FTSenior Change ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Quality Analyst (Payments, data, application integration)VIC
- FTSenior Support AnalystOther
- CCData Migration lead - Energy and GasVIC
- CCApplication Support Developer - .Net & SQLWA
- TPWeb Content Publisher (VPS4/5) - Government sectorVIC
- CCProject Manager - Power BI, Mobility & IntegrationQLD
- CCUnix Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSAP IS-U and SAP EWM Greenfield implemenationVIC
- FTServiceNow- Platform DesignerOther