MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
Back in black (and red)
- Solid performance
- Cooling solution works wonders
- Display looks great, minimal tearing
- Screen-size hurts portability
- Touchpad sometimes unresponsive
- Battery life as short as you expect
The GE73 VR Raider doesn’t really break away from the usual MSI formula but when the results are as good as they are, it’s hard to complain.
Price$ 3,699.00 (AUD)
MSI are a brand that’s been playing in the gaming and high-end enthusiast space for decades and one that doesn’t really need all that much of an introduction. The formula here isn't just about red neon aesthetics - it's also about top-of-the-line specs and feature sets that reflect the needs of their core audience. And if a savvy partnership is what it takes to achieve that, so be it.
They’re MSI. You may have heard of them.
Products like MSI’s new GE73 VR Raider gaming laptop build on that legacy nicely. By MSI’s reckoning, the GE73 VR Raider is more than just another gaming laptop. It’s “the” gaming laptop, promising a best-in-class experience on all the fronts.
What’s behind that promise? All the big names. An Intel CPU. An Nvidia graphics card. A SteelSeries mechanical keyboard. A Dynaudio speaker. Lastly, MSI’s own cooling solution and unique sense of sporty style to bring it all together.
The result: a gaming laptop that looks to leverage both superior specs and ferocious features, putting rivals to shame. The GE73 VR Raider might not be the most monstrous gaming notebook in MSI’s catalog but it’s a beastly one nevertheless.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A5Xs review: Cutting corners
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Xiro Drone Xplorer V by Rapoo review
- 5 Bradley Digital Smoker review: Make a great barbecue even better
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft slash 15% off the Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3
- Huawei's new Matebook D14 is even cheaper on Amazon right now
- Huawei hold their own with new Matebook laptops
- Razer refresh Blade lineup with 300Hz screens and 10th Gen Core processors
- Tile connectivity is coming to the next generation of Intel laptops
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
I highly recommend the Dynabook Portégé® X30L-G notebook for everyday business use, it is a benchmark setting notebook of its generation in the lightweight category.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Soundbars: Why they’re worth it and which one should you buy
- Buying a laptop this EOFY? Here's a cheat sheet
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies