Mr Site Takeaway Website Pro
- Traffic-tracking and search engine optimisation tools, user-friendly
- Price, not suited to amateurs, additional renewal fee
As user-friendly as its predecessor, Mr Site Takeaway Website Pro is a well-designed program that enables small companies to create a basic Web presence with little hassle. It may fall between two market segments, however, offering a basic suite of tools that may frustrate ambitious businesses while pricing itself above home users. A bit of an enigma, then, but a high-calibre one that will suit a narrow group of users extremely well -- if they can stomach the pricey renewal fees.
Price$ 232.99 (AUD)
Mr Site Takeaway Website Pro is the expanded, 'professional' version of Mr Site's successful and ultra-simple Web site-creation tool.
Determined to take the jargon and baffling complexity out of Web design, Mr Site launched its Takeaway Website product last year to widespread acclaim. By reducing the creation of a site to six simple steps, Mr Site Takeaway Website enabled tech beginners and the time-poor to build a simple Web site with the bare minimum of trouble.
But we suspect the sailing may not be quite so plain for this, the expanded Pro edition of Takeaway Website. Admittedly Mr Site Takeaway Website Pro remains a wonderfully intuitive program -- if you're willing to keep things simple you can throw together and publish a multi-page site in an hour or less -- and some useful features have been added to the mix.
It's just that the small businesses that constitute Mr Site Takeaway Website Pro's target market are likely to find the results somewhat over-simple, while casual users can't be expected to shell out $232.99 -- even though hosting and domain name costs are taken care of.
As before, with Mr Site Takeaway Website Pro the six steps required to create a Web site are easy to follow. You visit Mr Site's own Web site, enter your activation code and choose a URL. If it's available, simply confirm your choice and get started.
You'll be offered a large array of design templates, background colours and fonts. Then you decide how many pages you want to have to start with, and type in some content. There are built-in tools for adding pictures and downloads.
Finally, hit publish and check out the results. You may have to wait 48 hours before the page goes live, but you can see what it's going to look like and tinker at your leisure.
The whole process is refreshingly user-friendly -- as long as you keep things basic. But once we started adding html coding, things got a bit more confused -- Mr Site Takeaway Website Pro's content management system showed a certain tendency to mess around with our code between sessions. This is a common problem with such simplified Web-development programs, but we'd been led to expect better from Mr Site Takeaway Website.
To woo would-be Web entrepreneurs, Mr Site has added some simple traffic-tracking and search engine optimisation tools, and Mr Site Takeaway Website Pro's e-commerce facilities have been upgraded. These are impressive and easy to implement.
The $232.99 price is a big step up from the basic version of Mr Site, but like that program it includes a year's ownership of the URL. There is an additional renewal fee every month, however, so you'll be shelling out the same again in year two.
Join the newsletter!
Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- Five 2017 flagship smartphones that are now less than $900
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTITSM Configuration ManagerOther
- FTService Asset & Configuration ManagerNSW
- FTChange and Communication LeadersOther
- FTIT Program ManagerOther
- TPAPS 6 Web DeveloperACT
- TPJunior Network EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Front-End DeveloperOther
- FTFull Stack Developer - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTOrganisational Change ManagerOther
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FT.Net Developer - Canberra BasedNSW
- FTAnalyst DeveloperACT
- FTProgram Project Manager, Business Technology EnablementOther
- CCLinux Administrator - TelcoVIC
- FTData AnalyticsSA
- FTBusiness AnalystWA
- FTData EngineerOther
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior ERP Project Manager QLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior SAP IS-Retail LeadOther
- CCIntegration Developer - Port MacquarieQLD
- FTService Asset & Configuration ManagerNSW
- FTIT Technical Support Executive - Level 1/2Other