Mr Gadget Online Photo Printing
- A lot of options, Competitive pricing
- Advertising on interface
A cheap, robust photo printing service that will be perfect for those just after plain photographs.
Price$ 0.29 (AUD)
Mr Gadget's photo printing service offers a well rounded package. They provide a great variety of print sizes with competitive prices and a respectable interface.
Their prices, whilst not being as low as Harvey Norman overall, are extremely competitive. Regular prints sport a rock bottom $0.29 price tag, and the slightly larger sizes range from $2.00 through to $36.50. You definitely won't be disappointed with the cost.
The number of options present is equally impressive. Prints can be done all the way up to 20x24 inch, but that's not the best part. Mr Gadget offers a huge variety of paper choices, including glossy, matt, premium lustre, canvas and art paper. With such a range of options, the scope for customisation is huge. None of the other photo printing services will allow you to do giant, 20x24 inch canvas prints of those hilarious embarrassing moments and pin them up all over work.
Mr Gadget utilises a downloadable interface that is serviceable, if not spectacular. It has an advertisement for their products in the bottom left corner, which we particularly disliked, but everything was fairly fast, functional and intuitive. There are some minimal image cropping options, and it remembers your details from previous purchases.
Postage costs $2.49 via Australia post and will typically take about a week.
The image quality of this service fell somewhere in between AGFA and Kodak; prints looked good but not exceptional. We felt they turned out a little dull, lacking the same sort of life and richness of colour present in some of the competitors. They still look fine, and for most people they will be perfectly acceptable, but the difference is visible when they are lined up with the other prints.
Read our roundup for a direct comparison with the other vendors.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- Dragon Gets NDIS Approval
- NAB go in on Google Assistant integration with new app
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTQlikview Technical LeadOther
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- FTProfessional Services Consultant - UCMOther
- TPStrategic Procurement OfficerQLD
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther
- CCDevOps Developer (Chef/IAF/Linux)QLD
- FT.Net Developer - Multiple positions availableSA
- CCETL DevelopersACT
- CCPortfolio ManagerNSW
- FTCampaign AnalystOther
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTBig Data DeveloperOther
- CCSenior ETL Developer/DesignerVIC
- FTLevel 1 Application Support (POS)QLD
- FTSenior Security ConsultantOther
- FTDigital Reporting AnalystVIC
- FTRobotic Process Automation Developer LeadOther
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Risk and Compliance StreamOther
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager - PLMOther
- FTAccount Manager (Healthcare & Aged Care)Other
- CCProject DirectorQLD
- CCProject Delivery CoordinatorQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer - Firewalls (Juniper )Other