Motorola S705 SoundPilot
- Includes headphones but 3.5mm jack means you can use your own, caller ID display, decent sound quality, FM radio
- No hold key, fiddly control stick, slight delay during music resume after a call
The S705 SoundPilot is convenient if you want a hands free unit capable of wirelessly streaming music via Bluetooth. It's not cheap though and the sound quality isn't outstanding.
Price$ 174.95 (AUD)
The Motorola S705 SoundPilot is a wireless Bluetooth stereo headset that can stream music via any A2DP compatible mobile phone or music player. The S705 doubles as a hands-free headset, has an FM radio and features a small display that shows caller ID and music track information.
A2DP stands for Advanced Audio Distribution Profile and is a technology that lets devices stream stereo sound via Bluetooth. Connecting the S705 SoundPilot is simply a matter of pairing it with your phone, like you would a Bluetooth device. The S705 connected successfully and remained problem-free.
A small display on the S705 lists current track, and also provides feedback on battery charge and Bluetooth status. The four-way navigational stick used to control the headset may be difficult to control for those with large fingers. A call handling button and menu button adorn the right and left sides of the S705 respectively.
When the phone rings, a quick glance at the display reveals the number and name (if in your phonebook). Calls are answered using the call handling button and rejected by the menu button., During a call "on a call" appears on the headset display. The S705 doesn't show missed calls.
When a call comes in while the phones music player or FM radio are playing, the audio is paused. On completion of the call the audio will play again, albeit after a delay of three seconds.
The headset hangs around the neck and the included pair of earbuds of good quality plug into the device. However, one of the best features of the S705 is the standard 3.5mm headphone jack, allowing it to be used with any set of headphones.
The S705's do give off a slight hissing noise during music playback. Apart from this though, the sound is decent without being outstanding. The S705 charges via either an AC adapter or a standard mini-USB cable.
The convenience of music listening and hands-free phone calls in an intelligent device is the primary advantage of the Motorola S705 SoundPilot. While the sound quality isn't all that noteworthy and the unit doesn't come cheaply, the convenience factor will be important for some.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 3 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 4 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic launches new Windows powered Toughpad
- Oppo release limited Barcelona FC version of R11 flagship
- 3SIXT Reveals iPhone X Offering
- ALDI Mobile Ups Stakes in the Telco Industry
- Tech21 Unveils New Phone Protection for Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- FTUX Designer | Mid Level | Initial 6 Month ContractOther
- FTChange Lead- Timetable ReadinessOther
- CCIteration Manager - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTios DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTData ScientistOther
- FTCyber Security Consultant - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPData AnalystNSW
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCReporting Analyst/Workforce Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTLead Land Access Coordinator - UrgentOther
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork Support EngineerSA
- FTSoftware Engineer - Leading TelcoOther
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - Software Asset ManagementVIC
- FTSCCM consultantVIC
- CCC# Developer (Back-end)VIC
- FTSenior Project Coordinator/ Business AnalystOther
- TPBusiness Process Flow AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCOrganisational Change & Deployment SpecialistVIC