Motorola RAZR V3
- Sleek design, packed with features
- Predictive text is a little tricky
Myriad features are packed into this stunning piece of industrial design, and a rich list of bundled extras only sweetens the deal.
Price$ 969.00 (AUD)
Motorola's Razr V3 mobile phone is a stunning piece of industrial design. The slim clamshell model is sleek and elegant, boasting an anodised aluminium cover, VGA camera, quad-band compatibility and Bluetooth support. A colour screen occupies most of the top half of the clamshell when open, while buttons shaped from a single piece of metal fill the bottom. The 2.2", 262,000-colour TFT display looks extremely bright in just about all lighting conditions, even managing to overcome direct sunlight. The device also has the ability to make the most of the screen and play back MPEG-4 files.
The Motorola unit weighs in at 95g and measures 10 x 5 x 1.4cm, making it one of the slimmest mobile phones on the market. It is quite wide, however, and the keys are large enough so that even those with big fingers won't have a problem entering numbers or punching out SMS messages. But the keys themselves are flat and at times difficult to press. The phone feels solid in the hand and was comfortable to use for long periods of time. The antenna is positioned at the bottom of the hand rest, not in the top cover of the clamshell, allowing Motorola to avoid the top-heavy feel common to many similarly designed mobiles.
The V3 three includes a predictive text system called iTAP, which works in a similar way to the T9 system employed by Nokia. The main difference is that it predicts the word that you are trying to type and outlines it on screen; you simply have to press the up button, and the word is filled in--but it is a little tricky to add punctuation.
The V3 is bundled with a substantial list of accessories including a Bluetooth wireless headset, wired handsfree kit, leather pouch, USB cable and chargers for both the phone and headset; just about all you need. During informal testing, we found the battery lasted four days of average use, including occasionally employing the handsfree kits.
The software CD ships with Mobile Phone Tools, which provides access to basic functions like establishing an Internet connection through your mobile phone, as well as synchronising calendar and contact details to the 5MB of internal memory. It is a simple application that works effectively.
In fact, it mirrored our experience with the phone; the V3 is a simple piece of equipment that looks great and works well. We had one glitch during testing, when it hung up once, but simply turning it on and off fixed the problem, and we couldn't repeat it.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
cloudandco Smart Cane
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
Toys for Boys
Bose SoundLink Micro
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Xbox One X
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Belkin Introduces USB-C 3.1 Express Dock HD
- Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 Will Come To Australia
- Boost Mobile Doubles Data Offering With New Summer Plans
- BlackBerry KEYone Black Launches in Australia
- HTC U11 Plus latest rumours: Release date, price and specs
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- FTAsset and Configuration ManagerSA
- FTRisk Specialist - 6 month contractOther
- CCTransition Manger - Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTOffice Manager | Start-up | Global Cloud ProviderVIC
- TPIT Technical WriterNSW
- CCJava Full stack developer - Telco domainVIC
- CCLead Pega Systems ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- TPIntegration Developer. Cloud SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperQLD
- FTMid-Level Software EngineerOther
- FTDrupal DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Software EngineerOther
- CCTest Analyst - BrisbaneVIC
- FTCustomer & Sales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTSharepoint DeveloperOther
- FTStorage & Backup Engineer x2 - EMCOther
- FTHealthcare TesterVIC
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- CCGeospatial Project ManagerNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperQLD
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- CCSenior Salesforce Functional ConsultantNSW