Motorola MOTOROKR EQ3
Travel-friendly speaker system
- Compact, folding design, price
- Lacking in bass, distortion at higher volume levels
The MOTOROKR EQ3 is the perfect example of a basic portable speaker solution for personal audio devices. At this price, there is little to complain about.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
The MOTOROKR EQ3 is a compact folding speaker system that's as simple as they come. Its design means it is easily transported, making it especially handy for travellers.
The concept behind the EQ3 is fairly straightforward — a standard 3.5mm audio jack allows it to connect to devices such as iPods, portable media players and notebooks. Its main focus is on portability — the folding design makes the unit easy to transport. When folded closed, the EQ3 is almost small enough to fit into your pocket.
As expected from a device this size, sound quality isn't fantastic. However, considering the portability of the unit it does an admirable job. At a reasonable volume level, the EQ3 is punchy enough to listen to; its lack of bass is the major issue. Motorola claims the EQ3 delivers "rich, stereo sound with punchy bass", but this is nothing more than marketing speak. The unit sounds reasonable for its size, but it isn't going to win any awards for sound. Regardless, this is an issue for most compact speaker systems, not just this unit in particular. For the asking price, there is little to complain about.
A handy feature not seen on too many other devices is the ability for the EQ3 to act as an FM radio receiver for compatible devices. We tested this feature in and outside the office. We were able to get a solid signal outside, but it did struggle indoors.
The EQ3 runs on 4 x AAA batteries and Motorola includes these in the sales package. Motorola claims the included batteries will provide 12 hours of play time. Our suggestion would be to replace these with a rechargeable set, as this will be far more cost effective in the long run.
When not in use, the audio cable winds up in the battery compartment to avoid tangles. As the standard cable is quite short, Motorola includes an extension cable in the sales package, so you can position your source about a metre away from the unit if you wish.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 3 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 4 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 5 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Belkin introduces 3.5mm Audio + Charge Rockstar compatible with new iPhone range
- Panasonic launches new Windows powered Toughpad
- Oppo release limited Barcelona FC version of R11 flagship
- 3SIXT Reveals iPhone X Offering
- ALDI Mobile Ups Stakes in the Telco Industry
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Moto E4:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- TPC++ DeveloperNSW
- FTiMIS Engineer / DBAOther
- CCOracle Identity & Access Management AdministratorNSW
- TPService Desk Team LeaderVIC
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- TPProject ManagerACT
- FTDigital Program Manager - Web & eCommerceOther
- FTDatabase ConsultantOther
- CCSolutions Architect - SharepointQLD
- FTDesign Delivery Manager - Civil Engineering Background X2Other
- CCPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Lead - PHP DeveloperQLD
- TPFront End Designer/DeveloperNSW
- FTIT TechnicianOther
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager - Audio VisualNSW
- TPSenior Service DeskVIC
- CCSenior Process AnalystNSW
- FTFinancial AnalystOther
- FTTest Engineer - Telecom domainVIC
- CCLead Business Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerNSW
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW