- Nice design, Slide out microphone, Good audio quality, Easy to use
- Uncomfortable ear clips, Some small problems in loud areas
Overall, the Motorola H800 is a strong product. While the ear clips won't be comfortable for everyone, it does offer great sound quality and mixes it with an attractive design and intuitive interface.
Price$ 179.95 (AUD)
Sporting a slim, chic design and a funky pop-out microphone, Motorola's latest flagship hands-free headset, the H800, is a solid product. It offers good quality audio, a small design and easy operation. The only downside is a slightly uncomfortable ear clip.
As with most Bluetooth hands-free kits, audio quality is paramount and in this area the H800 held up well. It offers sharp, clear sound on both incoming and outgoing channels and after a little volume adjustment we could hear things clearly.
Rather than utilising a traditional in-ear piece, the H800 instead rests just outside the ear and projects sound using a speaker, which is relatively effective, however we did notice this made it a little more susceptible to external noise. Most hands-free kits suffer a little in noisy environments, so this was no surprise. However, it's an issue worth noting if you're often in areas of loud ambient sound, as the design of the H800 may suffer a little more than other units.
Volume can be adjusted using the two buttons on the top and bottom of the unit and these can be re-orientated if you change to the opposite ear. They can also be used to reject a call, by tapping when you hear the ring tone. All the other functions, such as accepting and ending calls, are handled by the single large selection button that adorns the face of the unit. The system is efficient and intuitive and should prove easy for most people to pick up.
Pairing to a phone is an extremely easy process. Simply turning the unit on puts it in pairing mode and our phone found the H800 without a problem. The small LED ring around the Motorola logo indicates what status the hands-free is in. A red ring indicates that pairing is in process, while a blue ring shows everything is connected. The whole process takes about 30 seconds and is exactly as we've come to expect from such devices.
Aesthetics is another area where the H800 shines. With a slick black colour scheme and an almost space-age microphone that extends outwards from the unit at the touch of a button, it looks great and won't embarrass you in crowded public places. It comes with a variety of ear clips that cater to a range of different shapes. We found some fitted better than others, but they were all a little less comfortable than we'd like. They are constructed of soft rubber, which is fine for short phone sessions, but we found it dug-in if left on for a little while. This was our only complaints with the H800, and may not bother everyone, depending on how the clips fit your ears.
Join the newsletter!
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Apple iPhone X
Toys for Boys
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Bose SoundLink Micro
Google Daydream View VR Headset
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Xbox One X
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 2 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 3 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 4 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Nokia 1 Release Date, Price & Specification Rumours
- Android 9.0 Release Date Rumours: When is Android P coming out?
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- Sony Xperia XA2 to be Available in Australia
- CES 2018: Alcatel Embrace 18:9 Aspect Ratio In 2018
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- JBL Link 10 review: Full, in-depth review
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- CES 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCIBM Lotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTProgram ManagerACT
- CCSenior Development DBA - OracleNSW
- FTJava DevelopersVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - MortgagesOther
- FTSenior Test Analyst - ContractOther
- FTSenior System AdministratorOther
- FTNetwork Engineering Team Lead/Network ManagerQLD
- FTIOS DeveloperWA
- FTNetwork Engineer (RUN-BAU)VIC
- FTInformation Security AnalystNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - TelcoVIC
- TPSystem AnalystACT
- FTLead Developer - AndroidNSW
- FTDesktop Support OfficerSA
- FTSenior Healthcare Pre-Sales Exec. / Clinical Advisor - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCBusiness AdministratorNSW
- TPQuality ManagerQLD
- FTTest AnalystOther
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - Public Sector Health ProgramQLD
- TPProgram Delivery Manager - Health LISQLD
- FTLead Project Manager, Transformation, Refurbishment & UpgradesOther
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTSitecore Developer/ArchitectOther