- Ease of use, Call quality, Flip out microphone
- No call alert in silent mode, Not loud enough in noisy environments
A stylish and very easy to use Bluetooth headset with a flip out microphone.
Price$ 119.99 (AUD)
The Motorola H700 is a small and compact Bluetooth headset that features a flip out microphone and requires just three small buttons to operate.
The H700 is one of the smallest Bluetooth headsets on the market and, sporting a vibrant chrome and silver colour scheme, is quite visually appealing for a mobile phone accessory. The H700 uses a flip out microphone that also acts as a power button; flip the microphone out and the unit switches on, close it and the unit powers off. The H700 uses just three buttons; two volume keys and a multifunction call button are all that adorn the unit, along with a brushed silver Motorola logo that can easily be mistaken for an extra button.
The H700 uses a detachable ear hook to clip around your ear and this can be adjusted to suit both left and right ear use. Unlike many other Bluetooth headsets, the H700 doesn't sit inside your ear or use an ear plug. Instead, it rests just outside your ear, with audio provided by a small speaker, so you are required to have the ear hook fitted to use the unit.
The performance of the H700 was quite pleasing, with most calls coming in crisp and clear. Volume was quite loud at its highest setting, but our main complaint is that in noisy environments, such as walking on a road with heavy traffic, the H700 can become a little difficult to hear. That said, this is a common complaint with Bluetooth headsets, and thus we can't deduct too many marks for it.
The H700 is extremely easy to use; pressing the call button basically does everything including answering, rejecting, transferring or ending a call. The call button is pressed at different intervals (tap, press or press and hold) depending on the function the user wants to perform. For example, rejecting an incoming call requires the call button to be pressed and held until a beep is heard.
Pairing the H700 with a mobile phone is also a very simple process - you simply flip open the microphone and, provided no previous paired devices are switched on, the H700 automatically enters pairing mode. Once paired, the H700 allows the user to make and receive calls as well as use voice tags, provided this is supported on your mobile phone. Our only issue was that when using the phone in silent mode, the H700 didn't notify us of an incoming call.
The H700 uses a multi-coloured indicator light that surrounds the call button. The light flashes blue when paired with a device, purple when in pairing mode, and red when the battery is low. There are also a number of audio indicators, such as a single tone for pairing confirmation and a dual tone to indicate that the handset has been placed in mute mode.
According to Motorola figures, the H700 offers 6 hours talk time and up to 130 hours of standby time, which is above average. The unit charges via a standard mini-USB connection.
Join the newsletter!
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Toys for Boys
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Bose SoundLink Micro
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Xbox One X
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Belkin Introduces USB-C 3.1 Express Dock HD
- Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 Will Come To Australia
- Boost Mobile Doubles Data Offering With New Summer Plans
- BlackBerry KEYone Black Launches in Australia
- HTC U11 Plus latest rumours: Release date, price and specs
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTIBCO Integration SpecialistOther
- CCDeployment ManagerNSW
- CCWorkforce Capacity Analyst - Contract with Large Telco in Pennant HillsNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Sunshine Coast HospitalQLD
- CCDigital Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity/ Penetration Test AnalystQLD
- FTService Desk EngineerOther
- CCICT Project Manager - Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- FTReporting AnalystQLD
- TPieMR Program Director - Gold CoastQLD
- FTInformation Security AnalystNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistVIC
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- FTTest AnalystOther
- FTSenior Pega DeveloperOther
- CCPega ArchitectVIC
- FTLinux Systems EngineerOther
- CCWin10 Apps PackagerWA
- FTDigital Content ProducerOther
- CCReporting AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager/Business AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - AdviceOther
- FTSenior Change Analyst, Governance & AssuranceOther