- Compact stylish design, simple to use, can be worn on either ear, comfortable
- Poor outgoing sound quality
The H680 is well designed and has reasonable incoming sound quality, but its let-down by poor outgoing sound.
Price$ 129.00 (AUD)
Another in the long line of compact and stylish Bluetooth headsets, Motorola's H680 is comfortable and easy to use, but its outgoing voice quality could be improved.
The H680 is a small but sleek looking headset. Its gloss black and chrome design with silver buttons gives it a touch of class and the headset certainly feels well built. Combined with a fairly inconspicuous, plastic ear clip (which can be worn on either ear), the H680 is comfortable to wear for long periods. Motorola includes two different sized ear buds in the sales package, so you should find one of them comfortable for your ear.
Although the H680 doesn't feature Motorola's CrystalTalk technology – seen on the MOTOPURE H12, it still performs reasonably well for incoming sound. It does tend to struggle in noisy environments though, such as a busy city street. Unfortunately, outgoing voice quality is one of the H680's biggest sour points. Our callers complained regularly about fluctuating volume levels and distorted voice.
Thankfully, the H680 is quite easy to use, with just a single call handling button, volume controls and an on/off switch being the only controls on the unit. Turning on the unit automatically puts it into pairing mode (denoted by a steady blue light) and once paired, functions are simple and easy. Press the call handling button to answer a call, hold the volume button to reject an incoming call, and press the call handling button again to end the call. You can also redial your last number by holding down the call button. Additional functions include activating voice dialling (provided this is supported by your phone), transferring a call from the headset to your phone and muting the microphone.
The H680 comes packaged with a matching desktop charger and a convenient plastic charging case. Motorola claims the H680 has a battery life of up to nine hours of talk time and up to 12 days standby time.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Huawei go big on AI, announce Mate 10 + Mate 10 Pro
- Huawei's flagship tech trickles down to mid-tier with new Nova 2i smartphone
- Sony Bring Xperia XZ1 to NZ
- Incipio Adds Pixel 2 Cases To Roster
- Survey: 20% of Aussie Apple users wouldn't switch to Android for a million dollars
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Test Engineer - Telecom domainVIC
- CCPenetration Test AnalystACT
- FTSenior IT Project Manager - Logistics/TransportOther
- FTAccount ManagerACT
- CCJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End DeveloperQLD
- CCSite Support Officer - FIFO - Cape PrestonWA
- FTIT Desktop ManagerOther
- FTField EngineerOther
- FTSAP Lead Solution ArchitectOther
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- FTReporting AnalystQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTEAI DeveloperVIC
- FTChange AnalystOther
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- FTIT Service Management LeadQLD
- FTSenior Capacity PlannerVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PaymentsOther
- FTNetwork & Security Gateway EngineerACT
- FTURGENT - Contract opportunity Business Analyst - Finance - Immediate startVIC
- CCIT Project SchedulerQLD
- FTAPI LeadOther
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther