Motorola Gleam mobile phone
The Motorola Gleam is a flashback to yesteryear when thin flip phones were all the rage
- Competitive price
- Easy to use
- Stylish design
- No microSD card included
- Short notification time of front screen
- Fingerprint magnet
The Motorola Gleam is a stylish feature phone with a flip design and an easy to use proprietary operating system. If you're looking for a phone that just does the basics, you should definitely check it out.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
Easy to use
Flipped open, the Motorola Gleam reveals a standard number pad along with a 5-way navigational key, two selection buttons and answer/end call keys. The buttons are large and well spaced which makes typing phone numbers and messages relatively hassle-free, though the keys don't have much travel and are fairly flat. The soft white backlight and glossy silver finish of the keypad adds further style.
Using the Motorola Gleam is a fairly straightforward process. The 2.4in LCD screen has a resolution of 240x320 pixels and is bright and clear. Text is easily readable, though the low resolution means there is visible aberrations and there is no way to adjust the font size.
The main menu consists of a 4x3 grid of icons, with a description appearing at the top of the screen. A basic numbered list format is the order of the day for most sub menus. Being a dumb phone, the Motorola Gleam doesn't offer too many extra features. There's a basic 2-megapixel camera, music and video players, a WAP browser and an FM radio, while Bluetooth connectivity is included.
You'll need a micro SD card (not included) if you are to make use of the music player, as the phone only comes with 5MB of internal memory. Thankfully, a 3.5mm headphone jacks means you can use a wide variety of headphones. We'd advise to avoid the bundled headphones if you want to enjoy decent sound quality.
Perhaps the best feature of the Motorola Gleam is its battery life. We managed to go up to two days without needing a recharge. With no 3G connectivity, a small screen and only a basic WAP browser, the Gleam's 700mAh battery is enough to keep it ticking over well over a day and a half, even with excessive use.
The Motorola Gleam is available through Crazy Johns for $99 outright or on a $10 per month plan.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Oppo release limited Barcelona FC version of R11 flagship
- 3SIXT Reveals iPhone X Offering
- ALDI Mobile Ups Stakes in the Telco Industry
- Tech21 Unveils New Phone Protection for Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X
- Pelican prepares for iPhone 8 launch with range of rugged cases
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- First Look: Nikon D850
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Insurance ClaimsNSW
- CCMainframe DeveloperWA
- CCService Management SpecialistNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSAP BW/BI DeveloperVIC
- FTeCommerce Integration Support DeveloperVIC
- FTSolutions ArchitectOther
- FTInfrastructure/Cloud Architect - Government OrganisationVIC
- FTe-Learning Instructional DesignerOther
- FTSenior Database AdministratorOther
- CCMS Dynamics Technical Consultant - 6 month contract Initially - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTApplication Service Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTBiztalk DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSQL BI Developer - SSRS, Power BIOther
- FTLevel 3 Support Engineer (Tibco, Java, J2ee, Jboss)Other
- FTMS Dynamics SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Java Developer - BRISBANE BASEDNSW
- FTChange Management LeadOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Logistics and Supply ChainOther
- FTIBC Technical Specialist/ Project CoordinatorOther
- TPPMO Manager - Responsible LendingNSW