Motorola CLIQ 2 Android smartphone (preview)
Motorola CLIQ 2 preview: The CLIQ 2 boasts a 3.7in display, a full, slide-out QWERTY keyboard and runs Android 2.2 or "Froyo"
- 1GHz processor, 3.7in display, slide-out keyboard
- Australian availability is yet to be confirmed
Motorola's CLIQ 2 is a successor to the budget DEXT smartphone. This Android phone boasts a 3.7in display and a slide-out QWERTY keyboard; it runs Android 2.2 or "Froyo".
Motorola's original CLIQ smartphone (called the DEXT in Australia) was a budget Android smartphone that was heavily focussed on social networking. The Motorola CLIQ 2 is its successor, but it is targeted at a higher end of the market thanks to a 1GHz processor, a 3.7in display and an all-new design.
Read our reviews of other top Motorola smartphones.
The Motorola CLIQ 2 Android smartphone has a different design to its predecessor, with a chrome bezel and a unique honeycomb-style keyboard design. Despite the different look and feel, Motorola claims the CLIQ 2's keyboard is easy to type on, so it should offer a similar feel to the original CLIQ.
Like most of Motorola's Android phones, the CLIQ 2 will come with the latest version of Motorola's MotoBlur service, a widget-based interface that combines multiple social networking and communications accounts. Users will need to create a MotoBlur account to use the service, but it's free and all content and data is pushed live to the handset. Motoblur also provides excellent security features including the ability to automatically wipe the handset when it is lost or stolen, and the automatic back up of content over-the-air, similar to both the Motorola Milestone 2 and the waterproof Motorola Defy.
Perhaps the most surprising aspect of the CLIQ 2 Android smartphone is its relatively powerful specifications; it has a 1GHz processor, runs Android 2.2 or "Froyo", a 5-megapixel camera with flash, and 1GB of internal memory along with a microSD card slot. The original CLIQ suffered from lag due to its modest specifications, so we expect much better performance this time round from the CLIQ 2.
Motorola hasn't officially confirmed the availability of the CLIQ 2 in Australia, but we expect it to launch as the DEXT 2 in the coming months.
Join the newsletter!
Bitdefender’s best-in-class security solutions have been awarded Product of the Year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Telstra Sets New Smartphone Speed Record on Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+
- Boost Mobile Connects With World Surf League
- Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ Awarded Telstra Blue Tick Certification
- HTC to bring U11 Life to Australia next week
- Woolworths Will Be Offering $150 Off Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTIntegration ArchitectOther
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCField Technician - Windows/ Office 365 EnvironmentVIC
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager (mid-level)NSW
- FTAWS AdministratorOther
- FTApplication Support EngineerQLD
- FTRelease ManagerVIC
- CCLinux AdministratorNSW
- FTSalesforce CRM Scrum Product OwnerOther
- FTSenior .NET Developer / Consultant - Brisbane based (Work from home/client site)QLD
- CCTelco Network EngineerVIC
- FTSAP IS-U and SAP EWM Greenfield implemenationVIC
- FTSenior SQL Server DBANSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TP.NET Developer - ContractWA
- TPBusiness and Data AnalystQLD
- TPChange and Training Manager - TRIMQLD
- FTOracle Database Exadata Engineers, Sydney CBD, 6 months contract,NSW
- TPEnterprise Technology ArchitectNSW
- CCAutomation Tester - Selenium Web DriverVIC
- TPSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Release ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC