With high capacity storage and lightning-fast speeds, SanDisk’s Extreme PRO Portable SSD and Extreme PRO® SDXC™ UHS-I Cards are the perfect companions for performance conscious photographers. Enter today for your chance to win.
Motorola CLIQ 2 Android smartphone (preview)
Motorola CLIQ 2 preview: The CLIQ 2 boasts a 3.7in display, a full, slide-out QWERTY keyboard and runs Android 2.2 or "Froyo"
- 1GHz processor, 3.7in display, slide-out keyboard
- Australian availability is yet to be confirmed
Motorola's CLIQ 2 is a successor to the budget DEXT smartphone. This Android phone boasts a 3.7in display and a slide-out QWERTY keyboard; it runs Android 2.2 or "Froyo".
Motorola's original CLIQ smartphone (called the DEXT in Australia) was a budget Android smartphone that was heavily focussed on social networking. The Motorola CLIQ 2 is its successor, but it is targeted at a higher end of the market thanks to a 1GHz processor, a 3.7in display and an all-new design.
Read our reviews of other top Motorola smartphones.
The Motorola CLIQ 2 Android smartphone has a different design to its predecessor, with a chrome bezel and a unique honeycomb-style keyboard design. Despite the different look and feel, Motorola claims the CLIQ 2's keyboard is easy to type on, so it should offer a similar feel to the original CLIQ.
Like most of Motorola's Android phones, the CLIQ 2 will come with the latest version of Motorola's MotoBlur service, a widget-based interface that combines multiple social networking and communications accounts. Users will need to create a MotoBlur account to use the service, but it's free and all content and data is pushed live to the handset. Motoblur also provides excellent security features including the ability to automatically wipe the handset when it is lost or stolen, and the automatic back up of content over-the-air, similar to both the Motorola Milestone 2 and the waterproof Motorola Defy.
Perhaps the most surprising aspect of the CLIQ 2 Android smartphone is its relatively powerful specifications; it has a 1GHz processor, runs Android 2.2 or "Froyo", a 5-megapixel camera with flash, and 1GB of internal memory along with a microSD card slot. The original CLIQ suffered from lag due to its modest specifications, so we expect much better performance this time round from the CLIQ 2.
Motorola hasn't officially confirmed the availability of the CLIQ 2 in Australia, but we expect it to launch as the DEXT 2 in the coming months.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 ASUS TUF FX505 (Ryzen 7) review: Tolerable trade-offs
- 2 Oppo A5Xs review: Cutting corners
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 5 Xiro Drone Xplorer V by Rapoo review
Latest News Articles
- How much does the Oppo Find X2 Pro cost in Australia?
- Motorola shore up wallet-friendly portfolio with G8, G8 Power Light and E6S
- HMD are pitching the Nokia 5.3 as budget-friendly and 'Android 11-ready'
- Vodafone pitch 25GB for $35/month
- Best Click Frenzy Deals: Apple, Telstra, Samsung and More
PCW Evaluation Team
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
- Huawei P40 Pro review: Breaking Point
- Dell XPS 13 (2020) review: A deft upgrade that doesn't break what doesn't need fixing
- How Australia's Telcos and ISPs are reacting to increased coronavirus connectivity demands
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies