Mitsubishi Australia DV191B
- Great contrast ratio
- Some problems displaying light grey, poor response time
You should consider this model if you want a large screen for everyday tasks and occasional movie watching.
Price$ 399.00 (AUD)
While it has a high brightness rating of 300cd/m², the DV191B was not among the brightest monitors during our testing. Its contrast ratio of 700:1, which is among the highest in the round-up, did produce excellent black colouring in our office environment.
In DisplayMate's extreme greyscale test, the screen did have a bit of a problem displaying light-grey levels on a white background. These colours were overly saturated by the white level and we found this to be the case during general use, too, and this may affect the way the monitor portrays light-colour detail in your images.
In the colour tests, we didn't notice any colour banding during the colour blending tests, and we could only notice very slight colour banding in the 256-level colour intensity ramps. Overall, this monitor gives off a very neutral colour display and is not overly rich.
Its 25ms pixel response time is the slow and this showed in our motion blur test where scrolling text was very blurry around the edges and very muddy overall as it moved across the screen. In saying that, the screen is more than capable of displaying video, but it probably will struggle with the more demanding and faster-paced motion of many current games.
Viewing this monitor from sides and from the top posed no problems at all.
As for build quality and aesthetics, the DV191B has a very stable base attached to its neck, which allows it to tilt backwards and forwards. The bezel around the edges and across the top is only 2cm thick. Its menu controls are laid out logically, but they are almost level with the surface of the bezel and can be hard to press.
While it should not be used for games, due to its low response time, this monitor is actually very comfortable on the eyes as it's not overly bright despite its 300cd/m2 rating. In saying that, we wish it was a brighter screen, because, lets face it, brightness can always be turned down if needed. It can display 16.7 million colours and was very good in all our colour intensity and colour blending tests although it struggled slightly when displaying light-grey colours on a light background.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Apple iPhone X
Toys for Boys
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Xbox One X
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- G-Sync HDR displays go ultrawide and ultra-fast with the 200Hz Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSAS DeveloperNSW
- FTProgress 8.3 DeveloperOther
- CCData Analyst - Google Doc SMEVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPSenior .NET ContractNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTDigital Account StrategistSA
- CCTest Analyst - BrisbaneVIC
- FTField Service TechnicianOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - Change Management - Government backgroundOther
- FTNetwork Lead AcrhitectVIC
- FTSenior Security ConsultantOther
- CCSAP AdminstratorNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- FTChange Analyst, Transformation, SAPOther
- FTService Desk Engineer/IT Help desk Support - Multiple positionsVIC
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)QLD
- FTSenior Project Manager, Facilities & Asset ManagementOther
- CCDesktop Support TechnicianOther
- CCApplication Developer - Sterling IntegratorVIC
- CCData Warehouse SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTAutomation Tester - 12 month contract - Big 4 BankOther
- FTManager, Digital DeliveryOther