Mitac International Hades Gaming Machine
- Extremely powerful
- Not as strong as AMD systems in some tasks
Top-notch components, comfortable peripherals and room for expansion make this machine a worthy one for demanding users.
Price$ 4,799.00 (AUD)
Enthusiastic gamers looking for a high-end system will appreciate Mitac's new offering, which is based on Intel's new dual-core Pentium D 930 CPU and Gigabyte's new and powerful Radeon X1900XTX graphics card.
Additionally, two 250GB Western Digital RAID Edition hard drives are set up in a RAID 0 array to improve the access times to all files on the system and 2GB of 667MHz DDR2 memory is ample for today's games and applications.
In our tests, the dual-core 930 CPU helped the machine reach a score of 100 in World Bench 5, a very good performance for an Intel 3GHz chip. The 930 is a 64-bit-capable CPU, has 2x 2MB Level 2 cache memory for its two cores and it is built using Intel's 65 nanometre architecture. With this CPU you are getting the latest technology on the market.
The machine did not perform as well as Athlon dual-core-based machines in the multi-tasking test, but its times in the Adobe Premiere and Photoshop tests compared well with other high-end machines. The machine's cornerstone is a Gigabyte GA-GI975X motherboard, which has extravagant cooling fans surrounding the CPU area and plenty of connectivity ports. A Thermaltake Shark full-tower ATX case houses all the components. It provides room for more drives and has large fans installed.
Mitac supplies the system with excellent Logitech peripherals: a G15 keyboard (the built-in LCD display contains the time and vital system statistics), a laser-guided G5 mouse and a bass-emphasising Z-5400 speaker system. A Lightscribe-capable Lite-On DVD burner is also installed, which allows you to burn images directly onto the label side of LightScribe-capable media.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple Roll Out High Sierra
- ASUS' VivoMini VM45 gets upgraded to 7th Generation Intel processors
- NVIDIA Supercharges Rendering Performance with AI
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- Intel's modular Compute Card puts a PC in your pocket
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTOperations Orchestration SpecialistACT
- CCCloud Application ArchitectNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Infra Project ManagerOther
- CCLean Six Sigma Black Belt 6 month contractVIC
- CCBusiness/System Analyst- (Human Capital Management (HCM) )NSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- FTIP Network Technical support - $57 p/hrOther
- FTSolutions DesignerNSW
- CCBlue Prism DevelopersNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure ManagerVIC
- FTFront End Developer - Ractive.JS (Urgent)Other
- TPSystem TesterQLD
- FTProgram Director - Telecommunications (FTK, CW and SAED)Other
- CCJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End DeveloperQLD
- FTEnterprise Security ArchitectOther
- FTSenior EAM ConsultantQLD
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- FTApplication Support Team Lead l Experience with health applicationsNSW
- FTSenior Server EngineerOther
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - IntegrationNSW
- FTProject Manager - ApplicationsACT
- FTC++ Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTProject Manager unique start up opportunity.NSW
- FTJunior / Mid Level .Net DeveloperOther