Mindscape 3D Home Architect Home Decor & Design
- Many elements from wide range of manufacturers, Many customisations.
- Fiddly interface, graphical glitches, item placement problems.
If you are looking for a program to help you design your new home, this program does a fairly reasonable job.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
3D Home Architect Home Decor and Design bears a striking resembelence to the two Home Architect products we have reviewed. The software has thousands of household items to choose from, manufacturer brands, animations and movie creation tools, a handy project estimator that keeps your eye on costs, as well as many customisable furnishings and fabrics to choose from.
The user interface is the same as the other packages from 3D Home Architect and it's just as fiddly as ever, but if have the time and you are willing to learn then the experience can be fairly rewarding.
A good feature across all three packages is the multiple cameras, which can be used to explore your development from a variety of different angles.
We recommend you get this product over Landscape and Patio Design or Kitchen and Bath Design as, when you buy this product it comes with the other two for free. For the same price of $49.95 you get all three products!
The house builder wizard isn't too bad either. You specify your basic needs such as one or two floors, a garage, what style you want the house built - contemporary or country etc. Once built, you can modify the features, add extensions, put in rooms, furniture, a bathroom, kitchen - the works.
However, it isn't without its flaws. While it is relatively easy to place furniture and add walls, fine tuning it will take a while. For example, when we placed the phone on the coffee table it appeared to hover a few feet in the air. A puzzling glitch wouldn't let us put a TV on the TV stand. Also, you need to be careful when placing walls near doors as accidentally deleting a door is painfully common. We tried putting in a spiral staircase from the basement and of course, it wasn't high enough to reach the wall. There was no obvious way to extend the staircase to fit.
The same positives and negatives we mentioned in Landscape & patio and Kitchen & Bath Design exist in this package. We recommend you read all three reviews and then decide which to buy based on your needs.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- Dragon Gets NDIS Approval
- NAB go in on Google Assistant integration with new app
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTService Desk Level 2 Support ConsultantOther
- CCInfrastructure Architect - TelcoVIC
- FTLean Six Sigma Process AnalystOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Vehicle Fleet ManagementQLD
- FTBid ManagerOther
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerOther
- FTChange Manager - must have experience working in Fin ServicesOther
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Network ConsultantOther
- FTTechnical Digital Producer | 6 Month ContractOther
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Marketing AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCCRM DeveloperWA
- FTIT Desktop ManagerOther
- CCIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTProject DirectorQLD
- CCUser Experience DesignerACT
- TPApplication Packaging & Support ConsultantVIC
- CCMulesoft DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Office 365 ProjectOther
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- CCSoftware EngineerNSW