The action, the weapons, the boss battles -- Ninja Blade's got it all!
- Great action, stylish cinematics, exquisite sound effects, Todome powers
- Parasitic infestation storyline obviously "inspired" by Resident Evil
Ninja Blade is a game full of awesome moments. It's not incredibly deep and it won't redefine the genre but it's a kick-ass title that will please action junkies looking for an adrenaline kick. It does a great job of making you feel like the star of a blockbuster action flick. It's easily one of the best action games I've ever played on the Xbox 360. Now, go play it or I'll hunt you down and Todome your ass back to fifth grade.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
Ninja Blade: This Ain't A Scene
And then there are the Todome powers, which are basically outrageous, over-the-top finishing moves. These moves are triggered when you beat an enemy down to a certain point; a prompt will appear over their head and if you activate the Todome correctly, you'll be treated to a mini-finishing move that is as satisfying as it is over the top. Best of all, every swords has their own Todome moves and it's a lot of fun to try them all out.
Todome events also occur during the interactive cut-scenes; here, you'll have to complete a series of timed button presses in order to initiate the move. My favourite involved flying through the sky in a motorcycle - conveniently vomited out by a boss creature - and navigating it through a maze of airborne cars and debris.
No two Todome events are the same and they're ridiculously satisfying; it's obvious that the developers really put a lot of thought and imagination into them.
Ninja Blade: A Package Deal
But as great as the action is, it's the subtle touches that push the game over the top. The exquisite sound effects are satisfying and really bring depth to the action.
You'll definitely want to up the volume so you can hear things like glass shattering under your feet or your sword ringing off stone walls. The way enemies burst into sparks upon death never loses its lustre either. Even the ability to deflect enemy shots right back in their ugly faces looks and feels amazing.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- VR fairytale game Luna due for Oct 17 release
- Event schedule announced for PAX Aus 2017
- Hand of Fate 2 set for Nov. 7 launch, will support 4K HD on Xbox
- Cygames bringing “2016’s standout digital CCG” to PAX AUS
- Win the ultimate life-size Star Wars figure with Star Wars: Battlefront II on PlayStation Store
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCIdentity & Access Management ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- TPProject Manager - 3 days per weekQLD
- CCAgile Business Analyst - BrisbaneQLD
- CCUI DeveloperVIC
- FTJunior DeveloperQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Higher EducationOther
- CCSenior Test Data Management ConsultantVIC
- FTTeam Lead, Asset Mgmt & OperationsOther
- TPLead Business AnalystNSW
- FTOracle DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness Analyst ? Digital ProgramQLD
- CCInstructional DesignerNSW
- TPFront End Designer/DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Manager/Business Analyst - HPWQLD
- CCProject Manager - Office 365 Mail MigrationQLD
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork Data EngineerOther
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorSA
- CCUX Developer / DesignerQLD
- TPICT Strategic Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- CCWorkforce Management Solutions Expert in Workbrain - Brisbane BasedQLD
- CCSCOM SpecialistQLD