So, what do I want out of my next laptop and what must it include?
The action, the weapons, the boss battles -- Ninja Blade's got it all!
- Great action, stylish cinematics, exquisite sound effects, Todome powers
- Parasitic infestation storyline obviously "inspired" by Resident Evil
Ninja Blade is a game full of awesome moments. It's not incredibly deep and it won't redefine the genre but it's a kick-ass title that will please action junkies looking for an adrenaline kick. It does a great job of making you feel like the star of a blockbuster action flick. It's easily one of the best action games I've ever played on the Xbox 360. Now, go play it or I'll hunt you down and Todome your ass back to fifth grade.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
Since I first saw the trailer for Ninja Blade, I was immediately intrigued. The smooth, stylish cinematics and epic creatures alone were enough to make me squeal like a school girl.
To my delight, the game was everything I was expecting and then some. With each level, I became more and more hooked on this epic, action filled slice of ninja pie.
Ninja Blade: Ninja Medley
The year is 2015 and an infection is sweeping through the streets of Tokyo.
Carried by insidious creatures known as Alpha Worms, the infestation is threatening to overtake the city's inhabitants, transforming everything from helicopters to humans into grotesque abominations.
Members of the elite ninja task force GUIDE (it stands for Global United Infestation Detection Elimination) are sent in to deal with the mess. You step into the silent but deadly shoes of operative Ken Ogawa, a badass GUIDE assassin with powers galore as he hacks and slashes his way through the monsters running wild in the streets.
Along the way, you'll battle some ridiculous bosses, acquire some insane powers and get served a delicious stew of betrayal and intrigue.
Gameplay-wise, Ninja Blade combines the best elements of every action game you've ever loved into one homogeneous blend of deliciousness.
The parasitic infestation storyline was obviously "inspired" by Resident Evil, the fighting system pays "homage" to Devil May Cry, and the sheer size of the bosses evokes thoughts of Shadow of the Colossus.
The interactive cut-scenes with their quick-time events also bring to mind God of War. Yes, it's not exactly original but rather than slap together a poor imitation, the developers took these already established concepts and did them justice.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Watch review: Brilliant but not quite a breakthrough
- 2 HP Omen 15 (2018): Full, in-depth review
- 3 HP Envy x360 13 (Ryzen): Full, in-depth review
- 4 Dell G5 review: Easy to live with
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Fortnite vulnerability could have enabled account hijacking
- Overwatch Contenders tees up inter-regional Showdown events
- Fnatic and OnePlus announce global esports partnership
- CES 2019: Nubia just announced the gaming phone that might be worth importing
- Razer have announced their first console keyboard
PCW Evaluation Team
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
I’d recommend a Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 and the new Windows 10 to anyone who needs to get serious work done (before you kick back on your couch with your favourite Netflix show.)
It’s useful for office tasks as well as pragmatic labelling of equipment and storage – just don’t get too excited and label everything in sight!
The Brother MFC-L8900CDW is an absolute stand out. I struggle to fault it.
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
- CES 2019 Round-Up:
- Razer Phone 2 review: One for the fans
- Samsung’s Galaxy S10 will launch on Feb 20
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies