Microsoft Works 8
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
Why sink hundreds of dollars into an office software suite with scores of features you'll never use?
Microsoft's, $99.95 Works 8 gives you all the word processing, spreadsheet, database, and scheduling features you're likely to need, without the triple-digit price of its bigger sibling, Microsoft Office. You can even open and save files in Word's DOC, or Excel's XLS formats, along with other popular Office file types, as well as the standard Works file formats. A PowerPoint Viewer is included also.
We tested a shipping version of the package, and found the updated word processor more than adequate for most writing tasks. It also includes a new dictionary that can look up definitions while you write, as well as a thesaurus - both with parental controls.
Other noteworthy features: shareable calendars that you can post to the free iCalShare Web site, and automatic file backups that save your open documents every 10 minutes.
Microsoft has also released its $199.95 Microsoft Works Suite 2005 featuring Word 2002, Encarta 2005 Standard, Money Standard, Works 8 and Photo Premium 10.
In a world of never-ending up-sell, it's nice to know that you can still get top-tier productivity software without spending a lot of money.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorOther
- FTData Insights Consultant - CBD work locationOther
- FTChange Manager OCMOther
- FTSalesforce DeveloperOther
- FTSAP HCM Functional Analyst, Organisation StructureOther
- FTRates and billings ERP ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Transition Project ManagerOther
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorOther
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator- Trim / EDRMSOther
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCLinux AdministratorNSW
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- FTUX/UI DesignerQLD
- FTSenior Infrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTPeoplesoft HCM Application DeveloperACT
- TPSenior Technical Analyst - Oracle PeopleSoftQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical LeadQLD
- CCOperations Reporting AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCOperational Readiness ExpertVIC
- TPTechnical Support ResourceVIC