Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000
Designed for laptops and computing on the go, Microsoft's Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 is small and comfortable to use
- BlueTrack technology, transceiver can be stashed in the bottom of the mouse
- Nothing of note
If you're in the market for a good-looking and easy to use wireless laptop mouse, then Microsoft's Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 is an excellent buy.
Price$ 69.95 (AUD)
This two-button wireless mouse features a scroll wheel and an extra button located on the left-hand side. It is available in black with a complementary colour - the five colours to choose from are black, white, blue, pink and green.
The Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 is easy to set up. You install the software that comes with the device on your Windows PC, insert the provided AA battery, turn it on and then plug the wireless transceiver into a USB port.
The device features Microsoft's BlueTrack technology which claims to will work on almost any surface with the exception of glass or mirrored areas. We certainly found no problems using the mouse directly on a desk or on a mouse mat.
We loved the fact that the Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000's tiny transceiver can be stashed in the bottom of the mouse when you're on-the-go, while an on-and-off switch ensures the batteries are conserved when not in use.
Microsoft says one battery will last for 10 months, when a tiny red LED on the top of the mouse warns you that the battery is running low, reminding you to change the battery before the mouse becomes completely unusable.
We found the Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 buttons and scroll wheel were extremely sensitive, needing just the tiniest of touches to implement our command. The scroll wheel will also tilt side-to-side, allowing users to scroll side-to-side as well as up and down. Microsoft says this offers a more efficient way to navigate documents and spreadsheets and we did find this was a useful feature.
The Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 mouse also supports Windows Flip in Windows 7, which lets you see a preview of all open windows with the press of the mouse's side button.
We also liked the two top buttons and the side button were completely customisable, allowing us to assign other tasks we wanted to these buttons.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- MSI's new Ryzen-ready motherboard coming to Oz
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
- Intel's 8th Gen Desktop Processors Go On Sale Today
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Software Engineer - DigitalVIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - Security (ICT Transformation)Other
- FTChange AnalystOther
- CCMobile Applications DeveloperQLD
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneQLD
- TPIT Security ManagerQLD
- FTLead Strategy Manager - ConsultancyOther
- FTAgile Business Analyst, CXOther
- TPJava DeveloperWA
- FTReporting AnalystQLD
- CCDevOps Developer (Chef/IAF/Linux)QLD
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Digital MortgagesNSW
- CCData ArchitectNSW
- CCSite Support Officer - FIFO - Cape PrestonWA
- CCBusiness Analyst (Technical)QLD
- CCSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Software Engineer | Data Feeds | AI & AutomationOther
- CCFinance AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCMulesoft DeveloperVIC