Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000
Designed for laptops and computing on the go, Microsoft's Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 is small and comfortable to use
- BlueTrack technology, transceiver can be stashed in the bottom of the mouse
- Nothing of note
If you're in the market for a good-looking and easy to use wireless laptop mouse, then Microsoft's Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 is an excellent buy.
Price$ 69.95 (AUD)
This two-button wireless mouse features a scroll wheel and an extra button located on the left-hand side. It is available in black with a complementary colour - the five colours to choose from are black, white, blue, pink and green.
The Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 is easy to set up. You install the software that comes with the device on your Windows PC, insert the provided AA battery, turn it on and then plug the wireless transceiver into a USB port.
The device features Microsoft's BlueTrack technology which claims to will work on almost any surface with the exception of glass or mirrored areas. We certainly found no problems using the mouse directly on a desk or on a mouse mat.
We loved the fact that the Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000's tiny transceiver can be stashed in the bottom of the mouse when you're on-the-go, while an on-and-off switch ensures the batteries are conserved when not in use.
Microsoft says one battery will last for 10 months, when a tiny red LED on the top of the mouse warns you that the battery is running low, reminding you to change the battery before the mouse becomes completely unusable.
We found the Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 buttons and scroll wheel were extremely sensitive, needing just the tiniest of touches to implement our command. The scroll wheel will also tilt side-to-side, allowing users to scroll side-to-side as well as up and down. Microsoft says this offers a more efficient way to navigate documents and spreadsheets and we did find this was a useful feature.
The Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 mouse also supports Windows Flip in Windows 7, which lets you see a preview of all open windows with the press of the mouse's side button.
We also liked the two top buttons and the side button were completely customisable, allowing us to assign other tasks we wanted to these buttons.
Join the newsletter!
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Apple iPhone X
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Bose SoundLink Micro
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Xbox One X
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Crucial Launches Highest Density 128GB DDR4 LRDIMM Server Memory
- The Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Will Now Resist the Elements
- Logitech Unveils MX ERGO, their first trackball in nearly a decade
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- MSI's new Ryzen-ready motherboard coming to Oz
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPTest Automation EngineerQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - TableauOther
- CCTemporary ICT Support AnalystACT
- FTDigital ProducerQLD
- FTSenior Network Engineer (RUN-BAU)VIC
- FTNetwork ArchitectVIC
- CCTableau DeveloperQLD
- FTService Modeller/DesignerACT
- TPSenior Business Analyst - ieMR - Digital Health ProgramQLD
- FTSecurity Operations EngineerOther
- FTSoftware DeveloperOther
- FTProject Administrator/Junior Project ManagerOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTJunior Manual Tester - Accounting & FinanceOther
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java Developer - BrisbaneNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistVIC
- FTPrinciple Security Consultant / Practice Partner - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- TPFull Stack Developer - AWSNSW
- FTData ScientistACT
- FTGraduate C# DeveloperNSW
- TPTechnical Lead (Office 365)QLD
- CCSenior Program ManagerNSW
- FTTechnology Project CoordinatorOther
- CCReact.js DeveloperQLD