Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000
Designed for laptops and computing on the go, Microsoft's Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 is small and comfortable to use
- BlueTrack technology, transceiver can be stashed in the bottom of the mouse
- Nothing of note
If you're in the market for a good-looking and easy to use wireless laptop mouse, then Microsoft's Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 is an excellent buy.
Price$ 69.95 (AUD)
This two-button wireless mouse features a scroll wheel and an extra button located on the left-hand side. It is available in black with a complementary colour - the five colours to choose from are black, white, blue, pink and green.
The Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 is easy to set up. You install the software that comes with the device on your Windows PC, insert the provided AA battery, turn it on and then plug the wireless transceiver into a USB port.
The device features Microsoft's BlueTrack technology which claims to will work on almost any surface with the exception of glass or mirrored areas. We certainly found no problems using the mouse directly on a desk or on a mouse mat.
We loved the fact that the Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000's tiny transceiver can be stashed in the bottom of the mouse when you're on-the-go, while an on-and-off switch ensures the batteries are conserved when not in use.
Microsoft says one battery will last for 10 months, when a tiny red LED on the top of the mouse warns you that the battery is running low, reminding you to change the battery before the mouse becomes completely unusable.
We found the Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 buttons and scroll wheel were extremely sensitive, needing just the tiniest of touches to implement our command. The scroll wheel will also tilt side-to-side, allowing users to scroll side-to-side as well as up and down. Microsoft says this offers a more efficient way to navigate documents and spreadsheets and we did find this was a useful feature.
The Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 mouse also supports Windows Flip in Windows 7, which lets you see a preview of all open windows with the press of the mouse's side button.
We also liked the two top buttons and the side button were completely customisable, allowing us to assign other tasks we wanted to these buttons.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Logitech say new mouse features the best optical sensor ever designed for wireless gaming
- Razer unveil new Basilisk mouse built for FPS gaming
- HyperX Unveil Heavy-Duty Gaming Keyboard
- NVIDIA Supercharges Rendering Performance with AI
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCDevOps Consultant - BrisbaneVIC
- FTMulesoft Integration DeveloperOther
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Network DesignerVIC
- FTCyber Security Consultant - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCNon-Functional Test ConsultantNSW
- TPScrum MasterNSW
- FTWorkforce Analyst | Scheduler | Calendar ManagementOther
- FTSAP BW/BI DeveloperVIC
- TPPMO Manager - Responsible LendingNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solution Designer l Skype for Business Solutions l SydneyACT
- CCJava Developer- API &Micro servicesNSW
- FTINCIDENT MANAGEROther
- TPFront End Designer/DeveloperNSW
- FTTraining Coordinator - Sydney CBD (Urgent!!)Other
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior .NET DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTTM1 DeveloperOther
- FTTechnical Support - Level 1 - Minchinbury NSWOther
- FTEnvironment and Deployment SpecialistACT
- TPApplication Packaging & Support ConsultantVIC
- CCProject SAP Asset CoordinatorNSW
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW