Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Beta 1
Judging by this beta, Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 is a promising update
- Revamped user interface, WPF designer is even smoother than before, new code browsing features, improved thread debugging
- Missing support for ASP.Net MVC and smart devices
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Beta 1 is a very promising upgrade to the premier IDE for .Net development. It improves the UI, IntelliSense, and Designers; supports parallel programming; and improves support for test-driven development. It's still missing support for ASP.Net MVC and smart devices.
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010: Beta bugs and omissions
It wouldn't be fair to completely gloss over the deficiencies of Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 just because it's still a beta. We want you to know what to expect - and what not to expect - should you download and test the beta 1 product.
First of all, don't waste any time looking for the MSDN library for this beta. There is no local version; it's entirely online. We don't actually mind this; if your internet connection is down, you work for long anyway.
ASP.Net MVC is not yet supported; neither are smart devices nor the .Net Micro Framework. You can download Azure, Silverlight, IronRuby, and IronPython support.
If you're installing on Windows 7, as we did, the SQL Server installer built into the Visual Studio installer will fail. What you can do is to download and install SQL Server 2008 with SP1 separately. You can safely install either or both of the Express and Developer versions of the database.
We have encountered only one bug in this beta that has yet to be resolved. For some reason, after we installed the Silverlight 2.0 runtime and SDK, we could not debug the Silverlight projects. We're not sure if this is a 64-bit issue or an installation problem; we expect that the problem will go away at some point, probably when we install a newer version of the Silverlight tools.
In any case, ww're looking forward to the incremental drops of add-ons to the Visual Studio 2010 beta and to the next beta. It's good now; we expect that it's going to be great by the time it ships.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security
- Billions of devices at risk as Bluetooth-bourne vulnerability exposed
- Here's the Apple macOS High Sierra release date
- Adobe and Microsoft expand productivity partnership
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCSupport Engineer - Linux, AIX & SolarisQLD
- FTCorporate ReceptionistOther
- TPSharepoint AdministratorQLD
- FTSignalling EngineerOther
- CCJunior and Senior SQL DeveloperACT
- FTSCRUM Master, CXOther
- CCSenior PMO ManagerNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - SharepointACT
- FTTechnical Digital Producer | 6 Month ContractOther
- CCSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- FTHead of Business Operations - SaaS Product CompanyNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Change AnalystOther
- FTScheduler - CommunicationsOther
- FTDeployment Project CoordinatorOther
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerOther
- CCProduct Owner - TelcoVIC
- TPSenior Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTNetwork Support EngineerSA
- FTHead of Development - SaaS ProductNSW
- TPPrincipal Software EngineerQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - Government OrganizationVIC
- CCLean Six Sigma Black Belt 6 month contractVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst & Project ManagerOther