- Blue backlight, Responsive
- Features not as good as some other competing models that are available
A good all-around keyboard, the Reclusa won't offer the same functionality as some competing products, but it is more than adequate for gamers who are after a stylish, simple option.
Sporting a fancy blue backlight and a stylish black colour scheme, Microsoft's latest entry into the gaming peripherals market, the Reclusa keyboard, is sure to turn a few heads. While it doesn't have the extra of competing products, it's still a strong all-around input device and should do the trick nicely for gamers after something a little more eye-catching than their regular keyboard.
Microsoft advertises this model as having a faster-than-normal response rate when keys are pressed. The response rate means everything to gamers; faster mice for more accurate shooting, faster LCD monitors for minimal ghosting. However, when it comes to keyboards, we've never really noticed a difference. Sure, the Reclusa was quite quick and we experienced no responsiveness issues during our testing, but it wasn't noticeably faster than other unit's we've used.
It sports a standard desktop design, with deep keys that are quite comfortable to type on. If it was really going for fast response, we feel Microsoft would have been better off implementing a scissor key setup. In saying that, the Reclusa more-than-adequately does the job. As it's a large unit, the layout of the keys is very spacious, with plenty of room for shortcut keys and extra functionality.
There are two shortcut buttons on either side, along with six programmable shortcut keys, which default to the standard combination of email, Web and media functions. Also present are two jog-wheels, which default to control the volume and track-skip functions. Using the profile manager software, these can be mapped and saved as profiles for your various games, and then switched between in the blink of an eye.
Aesthetically, the Reclusa is quite smooth, with a glossy-black finish that will look right at home with a modern computer setup. The blue backlight, on the other hand, contributes a slightly space-age style and helps keep the keyboard illuminated for those long gaming sessions that last into the early hours of the morning. We didn't find it quite as effective as the backlight on the Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard, which actually illuminates the keys themselves, rather than the area behind them, but it did the job.
Also included in the unit is a detachable wrist-rest, which we found comfortable, but not necessary.
Overall, this model brings a few nice features to the table, and should prove to be a reasonable choice for most gamers. It doesn't quite have the extra features of something like the Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard, but as a basic alternative, it's a solid product.
Join the newsletter!
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Toys for Boys
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Bose SoundLink Micro
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Xbox One X
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- The Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Will Now Resist the Elements
- Logitech Unveils MX ERGO, their first trackball in nearly a decade
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- MSI's new Ryzen-ready motherboard coming to Oz
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - GIS DrupalNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTSalesforce DeveloperOther
- FTManagement Consultant - ConsultancyOther
- FTProject Manager (Network & Security)Other
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunicationsQLD
- FTSolution Architect - SalesforceOther
- FTMICROSOFT DYNAMICS CRM ARCHITECT ? NV1 CLEARANCE REQUIREDACT
- CCPNI ConsultantVIC
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayNSW
- FT0365 Consultant - Large Scale O365 ImplementationVIC
- FTUX Designer | Mobile ApplicationsOther
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- FTTest AnalystOther
- FTChange Manager, IT & Business ProjectsOther
- FTSAP Data AnalystOther
- CCSalesforce Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTChange Analyst, IT & Business ProjectsOther
- CCPHP DeveloperWA
- FTApplication Support SpecialistVIC
- FTSolutions ArchitectsOther
- FTNetwork Lead AcrhitectVIC
- FTJunior Python Developer - TradingOther
- FTFront End Developer l HTML5 , SCSS, Bootstrap, KnockOut, MVVPNSW