Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
- Good design, padded palm rest, comfortable,
- Little too expensive
If comfort is important to you as a typist, then this is the keyboard for you.
Price$ 79.95 (AUD)
Poor typing posture can wreak havoc on your wrists, but few people take the time to correct such hazardous habits. Enter Microsoft's Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000. Although it took us a while to get used to the keyboard's unconventional design, the results were worth the effort.
The Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 attempts to correct your hand positioning in several ways. First, its keys are laid out in a curve similar to the shape of a seagull's wings, with center keys that are proportionately oversize to compensate for how often you use them. Its gable design lets you position your forefingers higher than your little fingers, so your wrists adopt a more natural position. The keys on each side sit in a concave configuration, which helps you reduce repetitive motions.
We initially found positioning our hands comfortably on this shipping unit difficult. But after about a day, we got accustomed to the way it felt. The well-padded palm rest made everything feel even more comfy.
There are keys for launching applications, a convenient zoom button, and an array of customizable buttons. While these extras enhance productivity, the unique ergonomic features are what distinguish this keyboard. Unfortunately, the 4000 is USB only (you can't use a PS/2 adapter) and it seems just a tad pricey for a wired keyboard. But we're willing to pay a little extra for the sake of comfort.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Latest News Articles
- AMD's Ryzen Pro launch reveals Ryzen 3 details
- AMD, Nvidia coin mining graphics cards appear as gaming GPU shortage intensifies
- Radeon Vega Frontier Edition: Benchmarks and behind-the-scenes AMD interview
- Hands-on: AMD's Radeon Vega Frontier Edition vs Nvidia Titan Xp
- What the Radeon Vega Frontier Edition's specs and pricing mean for PC gamers
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ford Everest Trend RWD 3.2L Diesel review
- Ford Everest Trend in its natural habitat
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBusiness Analyst - CanberraOther
- FTTechnical Business AnalystOther
- FTIntegration Technical SpecialistOther
- TPSenior UX SpecialistVIC
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- TPBusiness Process AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- FTWeb DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTBizTalk Technical Lead - BRISBANEVIC
- TPProject Manager - Implementation Lead - CS restucture**NSW
- FTIntegration & BI Manager - C-levelNSW
- CCJava Team LeaderQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer - TelecommunicationsOther
- TPSoftware EnginnerNSW
- FTFront End Developer (Mid-Level)Other
- CCDigital Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCDeployment ManagerVIC
- CCPega DeveloperVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps Lead / Identity Services Security LeadOther
- CCSecurity Solution Architect - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPFunctional Analyst x 3VIC
- FTDesktop Support OfficerOther