Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
- Good design, padded palm rest, comfortable,
- Little too expensive
If comfort is important to you as a typist, then this is the keyboard for you.
Price$ 79.95 (AUD)
Poor typing posture can wreak havoc on your wrists, but few people take the time to correct such hazardous habits. Enter Microsoft's Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000. Although it took us a while to get used to the keyboard's unconventional design, the results were worth the effort.
The Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 attempts to correct your hand positioning in several ways. First, its keys are laid out in a curve similar to the shape of a seagull's wings, with center keys that are proportionately oversize to compensate for how often you use them. Its gable design lets you position your forefingers higher than your little fingers, so your wrists adopt a more natural position. The keys on each side sit in a concave configuration, which helps you reduce repetitive motions.
We initially found positioning our hands comfortably on this shipping unit difficult. But after about a day, we got accustomed to the way it felt. The well-padded palm rest made everything feel even more comfy.
There are keys for launching applications, a convenient zoom button, and an array of customizable buttons. While these extras enhance productivity, the unique ergonomic features are what distinguish this keyboard. Unfortunately, the 4000 is USB only (you can't use a PS/2 adapter) and it seems just a tad pricey for a wired keyboard. But we're willing to pay a little extra for the sake of comfort.
Join the newsletter!
Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Intel launches 800P Optane SSD
- Radeon Software Brings Faster, Smoother Performance to the World’s Most Popular eSports Titles, Thanks to AMD’s Project ReSX
- Logitech try to reinvent the keyboard experience with Logitech CRAFT
- First AMD Ryzen Desktop APUs Featuring World’s Most Powerful Graphics on a Desktop Processor
- MSI AM4 Motherboards are now ready for new AMD 2nd Generation Ryzen Desktop Processors
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCDigital Designer & DeveloperNSW
- FTData EngineerOther
- TPSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- TPPMO AnalystVIC
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- FTIT Forensics and Fraud Technical LeadOther
- CCData Engineer (Java / Scala / Agile) - Government - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTAWS AdministratorNSW
- CCOracle E-Business Suite DeveloperQLD
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCAutomation Tester - Selenium Web DriverVIC
- FTSenior Data ModellerNSW
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - PermanentOther
- FTIT Program ManagerOther
- TPProject ManagerACT
- CCNetwork SpecialistACT
- CCWindows Desk Migration EngineerNSW
- TPScrum MasterNSW
- FTData Insights Consultant - CBD work locationOther
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- FTWeb Developer - HTML / CSS / SASSOther
- TPWeb Content Publisher (VPS4/5) - Government sectorVIC
- FTProject Manager - ERP implementationOther
- FTEAI Developer / Integration DeveloperOther