Microsoft Money 2005
Price$ 69.95 (AUD)
Overseas, Microsoft's latest Money 2005 package rivals Quicken 2005 in the personal finance software stakes. Problem is that in Australia, some of Money's big drawcard services like remote online access to your information through an MSN money account or automatic online account updates with your bank aren't available.
However, Money 2005 is a good looking and highly usable program for managing bills, budgets and accounts all in one place complete with automatic spending analysis.
In many respects Money 2005 closely resembles its predecessor, but the updated version is much less intimidating. Setup doesn't push you to enter each and every account, for instance. You can also jump in and start using the software right away, although you'll get more use out of it if you track all of your accounts.
Money 2005 is also let down by missing Australian-centric functionality such as support for GST and BAS statement management, something Microsoft needs to address in the way its competition has.
But if you all you're after is an inexpensive book balancing and budgeting solution complete with some nifty charting tools - and you need a bit more than an Excel spreadsheet, Money 2005 might still be of interest.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft apologizes after a rogue Windows 10 preview build causes chaos
- Skype's major redesign prioritizes helpful bots and a smart camera over traditional video chats
- All-electric satellites are ushering in zippier in-flight internet access
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Windows 10 S will not run Linux, even though it's a downloadable Windows app
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSharePoint DevelopersOther
- FTSEO Specialist/ SEO ConsultantNSW
- FTeCommerce Solution ArchitectOther
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- CCData ArchitectVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTWintel Infrastructure EngineerACT
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTIT GraduateACT
- FTERP Reporting AnalystOther
- FTTeam Leader Solution DeliveryQLD
- FTResource AnalystOther
- TPSenior Business Intelligence AnalystQLD
- FTSenior React DeveloperNSW
- FTPrincipal ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness Analyst (Maximo)NSW
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTDigital Business Analyst | PermanentQLD
- FTMid-Sr level Product Manager / Project managerOther
- FTEmail Marketing Specialist/ Campaign SpecialistOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - SuperannuationOther
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTTransition Consultant - SMSF SoftwareOther
- CCTechnical Support - L2 with NV1 OR NV2 clearance (current / inactive).VIC