Microsoft Money 2005
Price$ 69.95 (AUD)
Overseas, Microsoft's latest Money 2005 package rivals Quicken 2005 in the personal finance software stakes. Problem is that in Australia, some of Money's big drawcard services like remote online access to your information through an MSN money account or automatic online account updates with your bank aren't available.
However, Money 2005 is a good looking and highly usable program for managing bills, budgets and accounts all in one place complete with automatic spending analysis.
In many respects Money 2005 closely resembles its predecessor, but the updated version is much less intimidating. Setup doesn't push you to enter each and every account, for instance. You can also jump in and start using the software right away, although you'll get more use out of it if you track all of your accounts.
Money 2005 is also let down by missing Australian-centric functionality such as support for GST and BAS statement management, something Microsoft needs to address in the way its competition has.
But if you all you're after is an inexpensive book balancing and budgeting solution complete with some nifty charting tools - and you need a bit more than an Excel spreadsheet, Money 2005 might still be of interest.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 2 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Latest News Articles
- Goodbye Google Now, hello new feed that obsessively track your interests
- How to deal with “Windows 10 is no longer supported on this PC” error
- Net Neutrality: The July 12 Internet-Wide Day of Action protest and what to expect
- Google Assistant: 5 killer new features you should be using
- Microsoft apologizes after a rogue Windows 10 preview build causes chaos
PCW Evaluation Team
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
- Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- GAMOSPHERE: Your August Roundup of Gaming News
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProcess Improvement Manager (Black Belt)NSW
- FTTechnical/ Architecture Java Lead - Move to MelbourneNSW
- FTSecurity AdvisorACT
- FTTechnical Architect (Infrastructure / Cloud)Other
- FTOrganisational Change ManagerACT
- TPSenior Project Manager - Performance and ControlsQLD
- FTIT Field Services Manager -NationalOther
- CCSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer - L1Other
- FTIncident ManagerACT
- TPProject ManagerACT
- FTJunior PM/Project Coordinator - HR projectsOther
- FTEconomic AnalystACT
- TPSenior Change Analyst - Sponsor Coaching/Advising**NSW
- FTGraduate IT ConsultantOther
- CCDynamic CRM DeveloperQLD
- CCApplication Architect - CloudVIC
- FTData AnalystQLD
- FTProject ManagerSA
- FTLead Software DeveloperOther
- CCBusiness Process Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsOther
- TPBusiness analyst - Business Case approval**NSW
- CCReporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTLinux Engineer - NV1VIC