Microsoft Messenger 7
Microsoft has announced its new free Messenger 7.0 software, releasing the final product along with the finished version of an online scrapbook service it has been testing, MSN Spaces.
With MSN Messenger 7.0, Microsoft wants to equal and better other IM software through its own free PC-to-PC video calls for users with a Web cam, in addition to free voice calls. The video call feature uses technology from Web cam maker Logitech to synchronise audio and video streams. Users can watch a video in the Messenger window or get up close and personal in full-screen mode. We also liked that in addition to including a variety of interface improvements, MSN Messenger 7.0 also now lets users search chats, automatically let people know what they're listening to, trade scribbled notes, send new flash-based winks, nudges and more. Microsoft also plans to incorporate a feature in coming months that will allow Messenger users to send messages to friends' mobile phones.
MSN Spaces, an online scrapbook, lets users post blogs, photo albums, music lists and other personalised information. Introduced in beta form in December, MSN Spaces now offers more storage space - allowing users to post around 750 photos - and a variety of backgrounds and personalisation options.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10 S will not run Linux, even though it's a downloadable Windows app
- The Windows 10 Game Bar: What PC gamers need to know
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Windows 10 Insider build 16199 fills some holes in the Creators Update
- Google Assistant branches out, supporting third-party hardware and smarter features
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCProject Manager - Salesforce ImplementationVIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - Solutions and ApplicationsQLD
- FTWeb DeveloperQLD
- TPEOI - Developers and Tester (APS)ACT
- FTFrontend developerNSW
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTSenior Citrix Engineer / LeadNSW
- FTCustomer Service OperatorVIC
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- FTProject Manager - ERP Experience NeededVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTIntermediate Project ManagerQLD
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- FTPMO Quality OfficerNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneVIC
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- CCMid-level Business Process Analyst (Automation) - Contract - ParramattaNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANEVIC
- TPTraining and Support Officer - Windows 10QLD
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Manager | Applications and Project InitiationQLD
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW