Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0
- Accurate and comfortable
- No third shortcut key
While hardcore gamers will want the increased accuracy of the Logitech G5 or Razer Copperhead, the Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 is a cheaper alternative for those who still want an extremely accurate mouse on a budget.
Price$ 59.95 (AUD)
Microsoft's IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 is the latest iteration of their Explorer series of mice. Known for their combination of comfort and accuracy, they are very popular amongst gamers and heavy computer users in general. The Explorer 3.0 follows this trend, offering a comfortable device that is more than precise enough for all computing needs.
The most important element of a high end mouse is its accuracy, and the Explorer 3.0 performed excellently in this regard. Its optical sensor refreshes at 9000 times a second, giving great, pinpoint precision. We tested it playing a first person shooter, and found it to be extremely accurate, almost comparable to Logitech's G5 and G7 gaming mice. While the top end gaming mice from Logitech and Razer may be better choices for the true hardcore gamer, the Explorer 3.0 will more than satisfy most people and the price difference is quite large, making this a better choice for those on a budget.
Our testing was performed on a variety of surfaces, including a traditional mouse pad, paper and our plain, white, glossy desktop. It was responsive on all surfaces, which was impressive considering most optical mice struggle on reflective, glossy surfaces.
It follows a fairly standard design, with a scroll wheel between the two main buttons and two shortcut keys on the left. We'd have liked to see another one on the right, next to where the little finger falls, but some prefer a mouse without the clutter. All the controls were within easy reach, and reacted responsively.
We liked the design of the IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0, with a gunmetal grey and black colour scheme, and silver highlights on the shortcut keys. It also has a glowing red tip towards the back, illuminated by the optical sensor, which adds a futuristic feel to the unit.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- MSI's new Ryzen-ready motherboard coming to Oz
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
- Intel's 8th Gen Desktop Processors Go On Sale Today
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPProject OfficerQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTCloud Transformation ArchitectOther
- FTService Desk Technical LeadOther
- FTLead Business AnalystOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCSalesforce CloudSense LeadVIC
- CCPortfolio Manager - GovernanceVIC
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTTechnical WriterOther
- CCProcess LeadNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- FTSoftware DeveloperOther
- FTService Desk Analyst/Telecommunications Service AnalystOther
- FTEAI DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Digital Producer | 6 Month Contract roleNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerOther
- FTService Desktop TechnicianOther
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- CCWin10 Packaging & DeploymentWA
- FTField EngineerOther
- FTManagement Consultant, Strategy, New Products, TransformationsOther
- CCiMIS SpecialistACT
- TPICT Procurement Officer | NorthsideQLD