Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0
- Accurate and comfortable
- No third shortcut key
While hardcore gamers will want the increased accuracy of the Logitech G5 or Razer Copperhead, the Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 is a cheaper alternative for those who still want an extremely accurate mouse on a budget.
Price$ 59.95 (AUD)
Microsoft's IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 is the latest iteration of their Explorer series of mice. Known for their combination of comfort and accuracy, they are very popular amongst gamers and heavy computer users in general. The Explorer 3.0 follows this trend, offering a comfortable device that is more than precise enough for all computing needs.
The most important element of a high end mouse is its accuracy, and the Explorer 3.0 performed excellently in this regard. Its optical sensor refreshes at 9000 times a second, giving great, pinpoint precision. We tested it playing a first person shooter, and found it to be extremely accurate, almost comparable to Logitech's G5 and G7 gaming mice. While the top end gaming mice from Logitech and Razer may be better choices for the true hardcore gamer, the Explorer 3.0 will more than satisfy most people and the price difference is quite large, making this a better choice for those on a budget.
Our testing was performed on a variety of surfaces, including a traditional mouse pad, paper and our plain, white, glossy desktop. It was responsive on all surfaces, which was impressive considering most optical mice struggle on reflective, glossy surfaces.
It follows a fairly standard design, with a scroll wheel between the two main buttons and two shortcut keys on the left. We'd have liked to see another one on the right, next to where the little finger falls, but some prefer a mouse without the clutter. All the controls were within easy reach, and reacted responsively.
We liked the design of the IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0, with a gunmetal grey and black colour scheme, and silver highlights on the shortcut keys. It also has a glowing red tip towards the back, illuminated by the optical sensor, which adds a futuristic feel to the unit.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Logitech say new mouse features the best optical sensor ever designed for wireless gaming
- Razer unveil new Basilisk mouse built for FPS gaming
- HyperX Unveil Heavy-Duty Gaming Keyboard
- NVIDIA Supercharges Rendering Performance with AI
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist O365NSW
- CCUX Developer / DesignerQLD
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- CCOrganisational Change & Deployment SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Java DevelopersACT
- FTe-Learning Instructional DesignerOther
- FTBI DeveloperQLD
- FTProject Manager | Intelligent Transport Software DeliveryOther
- FTBackend Java DeveloperNSW
- TPOragnisational Change ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Asset Information OfficerOther
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- FTRelease Manager- IT SAP ERP/EAM environmentsOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- TPChange Delivery Officer / PMOQLD
- FTTechnical Lead - Java DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- FTProject Manager - EDRMS ImplementationOther
- FTAgile CoachVIC
- TPSenior Security Consultant - WirelessNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst with Student Management SystemOther
- CCDatabase Administrator - BrisbaneVIC
- FTSystem AdministratorACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst (Loyalty Program)Other